Modi does not need certificate from WikiLeaks or Julian Assange to win elections: BJP
New Delhi: Reacting to Whistle-blower website WikiLeaks`s recent clarifications on Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Narendra Modi, party leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Monday said that Modi did not need a certificate from Julian Assange or Wikileaks for winning the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
"The nation does not need a certificate from Julian Assange or Wikileaks about Modi, and neither does Modi to win the elections. What the people want is just good governance," said Naqvi.
"We have not asked for their certificate nor do they need to give us any. People have made it clear that they want Modi to win as they want good and stable governance which can take thew country on the path of progress," he said.
WikiLeaks today clarified that the US diplomatic cables released by it in 2011 never described Modi as "incorruptible" or "the lone honest Indian politician".
Supporters had been circulating posters quoting Wikileaks founder Julian Assange saying that "America is scared of Modi because he is incorruptible."
But Wikileaks clarified that it never endorsed Modi`s honesty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video