Modi elevation is a BJP affair: JD-U
Patna: The BJP`s decision to make Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi the Lok Sabha campaign chief is "an internal matter of the BJP", the Janata Dal-United (JD-U) said on Sunday.
JD-U spokesperson Neeraj Kumar told IANS: "This decision might have been taken on the basis of reports, feedback and experiences of the BJP in the assembly polls held in the recent past."
Neeraj Kumar, who is considered close to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, said any party was free to go for an organizational re-structure in its own interest.
The JD-U is one of the oldest allies of the Bharatiya Janata Party in the National Democratic Alliance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet