Modi elevation is a BJP affair: JD-U
Patna: The BJP`s decision to make Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi the Lok Sabha campaign chief is "an internal matter of the BJP", the Janata Dal-United (JD-U) said on Sunday.
JD-U spokesperson Neeraj Kumar told IANS: "This decision might have been taken on the basis of reports, feedback and experiences of the BJP in the assembly polls held in the recent past."
Neeraj Kumar, who is considered close to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, said any party was free to go for an organizational re-structure in its own interest.
The JD-U is one of the oldest allies of the Bharatiya Janata Party in the National Democratic Alliance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport