`Modi indulges in politics of destruction and not of construction`: Congress
New Delhi: With senior BJP leaders failing to bring an end to the crisis caused by Lal Krishna Advani`s resignation, Congress Party on Tuesday launched a frontal attack on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, saying the latter indulges in politics of destruction and not of construction.
"Now it has been proved that not only has he drawn lines of division in the BJP, but now nobody has any doubt that there would be further division in the NDA (National Democratic Alliance) as well," said Congress leader Satyavrat Chaturvedi.
Meanwhile, senior BJP leader Jaswant Sinha, who met Advani at his residence here today to placate him to withdraw his resignation, expressed hope for a speedy resolution of the issue.
"We are aware about his views and his concerns. I feel that swift solution to this problem should be found. It is in the interest of the party as well as the nation. And the people of the party will succeed in their endeavour to convince Advaniji (to withdraw his resignation)," he said.
Advani on Monday resigned from party`s Parliamentary Board, Election Committee and National Executive.
In his resignation letter submitted to BJP President Rajnath Singh, Advani said he has been finding it difficult to reconcile with the functioning of the party and the direction in which it is going.
Advani, who was not happy with Modi`s appointment as the chairman of campaign committee for 2014 general elections, said that most BJP leaders are concerned just with their personal agenda.
The BJP President earlier in the day denied reports that the party is under pressure from the RSS over the crisis triggered by Advani`s resignation. He said the news stories suggesting it are baseless.
Senior BJP leaders visited Advani at his residence here today to persuade him to withdraw his resignation, which was rejected by the party`s top decision-making body last evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!