Modi would be stopped if he talks politics at Mahakumbh: SP
New Delhi/Lucknow: On a day when the top brass of the VHP, RSS and BJP are scheduled to meet at the Maha Kumbh to deliberate on Hindutva, the Samajwadi Party issued a strong warning to the BJP to not use the Maha Kumbh for politics.
“The BJP leaders can go to the Maha Kumbh to seek the blessings of the seers, but they should not indulge in politics over there,” SP leader Ram Ashrey Kushwaha said.
"Mahakumbh is an occasion having spiritual and religious significance... Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi can come there and take a holy dip during his visit on February 13 and take the blessings of saints but if he opts to indulge in politics, he would be stopped," Kushwaha added.
"Kumbh area is a religious place and it should remain as that... It is our advice and also our request," he said.
The warning from the SP came even as the BJP president arrived in Allahabad for a dip in the Ganges, to be followed by the all important meeting at the VHP camp in the mela city.
The BJP was also quick to hit back at the SP for the warning and said that the Maha Kumbh was not anybody’s property.
Senior state leader Kalraj Mishra said that SP’s responsibility is limited to the smooth conduct of the Maha Kumbh and it cannot decide on who goes there and who does not.
"Rajnath Singh visits Kumbh every year for a holy dip. His or Narendra Modi`s visit shouldn`t be politicised," he said.
Moreover, there is buzz surrounding the upcoming visit of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi to the Kumbh as it comes amid growing demand for him to be anointed as the prime ministerial candidate of the BJP.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues