Moily should ensure genuine customers get LPG connection: BJP
New Delhi: Claiming that gas agencies have stopped accepting applications for new gas connection, Delhi BJP Saturday demanded that Petroleum Minister Veerappa Moily intervene in the matter and ensure that people get LPG connections.
Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta also wanted Moily to make arrangements for supplying subsidised cylinders to over 4 lakh poor families in the capital after the government did away with the quota of kerosene to these households.
"Petroleum Minister Veerappa Moily should provide new gas connection to the people in Delhi because the gas agencies have stopped booking for new gas connections," Gupta was quoted as saying in a press statement.
He alleged that gas agencies in the capital are behaving in a "arbitrary manner" after the Union Government brought in a new rule that a household will be eligible only for six subsidised cylinders annually.
"Government has fixed the quota of gas cylinders but they have not issued clear cut directions in this regard. The gas agencies are taking advantage of it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year