Moily should ensure genuine customers get LPG connection: BJP
New Delhi: Claiming that gas agencies have stopped accepting applications for new gas connection, Delhi BJP Saturday demanded that Petroleum Minister Veerappa Moily intervene in the matter and ensure that people get LPG connections.
Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta also wanted Moily to make arrangements for supplying subsidised cylinders to over 4 lakh poor families in the capital after the government did away with the quota of kerosene to these households.
"Petroleum Minister Veerappa Moily should provide new gas connection to the people in Delhi because the gas agencies have stopped booking for new gas connections," Gupta was quoted as saying in a press statement.
He alleged that gas agencies in the capital are behaving in a "arbitrary manner" after the Union Government brought in a new rule that a household will be eligible only for six subsidised cylinders annually.
"Government has fixed the quota of gas cylinders but they have not issued clear cut directions in this regard. The gas agencies are taking advantage of it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'