Moily should ensure genuine customers get LPG connection: BJP
New Delhi: Claiming that gas agencies have stopped accepting applications for new gas connection, Delhi BJP Saturday demanded that Petroleum Minister Veerappa Moily intervene in the matter and ensure that people get LPG connections.
Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta also wanted Moily to make arrangements for supplying subsidised cylinders to over 4 lakh poor families in the capital after the government did away with the quota of kerosene to these households.
"Petroleum Minister Veerappa Moily should provide new gas connection to the people in Delhi because the gas agencies have stopped booking for new gas connections," Gupta was quoted as saying in a press statement.
He alleged that gas agencies in the capital are behaving in a "arbitrary manner" after the Union Government brought in a new rule that a household will be eligible only for six subsidised cylinders annually.
"Government has fixed the quota of gas cylinders but they have not issued clear cut directions in this regard. The gas agencies are taking advantage of it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Just Awesome! WATCH KL Rahul score incredible ton against West Indies in just 46 balls
- Walking can cut cardiovascular death by half
- When Robert Vadra had verbal spat with BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi over police horse Shaktiman's death - ALL DETAILS HERE
- 'Those provoking youth in Kashmir for Jihaad have kept their children in safe havens'
- SEBI mulling relaxed norms for REITs, InvITs, startups listing