Moily takes jibe at Narendra Modi
Kolkata: Taking a jibe at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for his remarks that NDA would come to power in the next general elections, Corporate Affairs Minister Veerappa Moily on Tuesday wondered whether the BJP leader would return to power in his own state.
"First of all, let him say whether he is confident of coming back to power in Gujarat. Forget about NDA," Moily told reporters on the sidelines of an event at the Bengal Chamber of Commerce here.
Modi had remarked at a press conference in Tokyo yesterday that the NDA would come back to power in the 2014 general elections.
Election to the Gujarat assembly is scheduled to be held in December this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar