Mossad did not interrogate Kazmi: Delhi Police
New Delhi: Israeli intelligency Mossad has
not questioned Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi, arrested in
connection with last month`s Israeli diplomat`s car bombing,
the Delhi Police told a local court today, refuting the
However, the investigators said if any request is made by
foreign agencies, including from Israel, they can be allowed
to interrogate the accused if they are part of the
international convention of which India is a signatory.
"Mossad has not interrogated Kazmi. They have not even
made any request for interrogation. But as and when they do,
we have to allow them because we are part of the international
convention," the police told Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
Kazmi`s counsel Vijay Aggarawal said, "Not only foreign
agencies but also the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) and the
Intelligence Bureau (IB) are interrogating him even as the
custody has been given only to Delhi Police."
To this the Delhi Police said, that no such interrogation
by any other agency has taken place. They however added that
there was no bar on RAW and IB interrogating him.
Kazmi was arrested in connection with the case on March 7
and was sent to 20 day police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa