Mossad did not interrogate Kazmi: Delhi Police
New Delhi: Israeli intelligency Mossad has
not questioned Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi, arrested in
connection with last month`s Israeli diplomat`s car bombing,
the Delhi Police told a local court today, refuting the
However, the investigators said if any request is made by
foreign agencies, including from Israel, they can be allowed
to interrogate the accused if they are part of the
international convention of which India is a signatory.
"Mossad has not interrogated Kazmi. They have not even
made any request for interrogation. But as and when they do,
we have to allow them because we are part of the international
convention," the police told Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
Kazmi`s counsel Vijay Aggarawal said, "Not only foreign
agencies but also the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) and the
Intelligence Bureau (IB) are interrogating him even as the
custody has been given only to Delhi Police."
To this the Delhi Police said, that no such interrogation
by any other agency has taken place. They however added that
there was no bar on RAW and IB interrogating him.
Kazmi was arrested in connection with the case on March 7
and was sent to 20 day police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report