‘Mulayam not to back Jaswant Singh for VP’
New Delhi: Sources said on Tuesday that the Samajwadi Party will not back Jaswant Singh for the post of Vice President if he decides to contest.
The development came after Jaswant Singh met SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav amid speculation that the BJP leader could be lobbying for the Vice President`s post.
When Yadav was meeting yoga guru Ramdev at his residence on the issue of black money here this morning, Jaswant Singh drove in and was inside the SP leader`s house for ten minutes.
It is understood that the three discussed the issue of Indian black money stashed away abroad. Jaswant Singh had raised the issue on behalf of the BJP in the Lok Sabha.
The meeting between the SP chief and Jaswant Singh triggered speculation that the BJP leader may be making an effort to lobby for himself as a candidate in the Vice Presidential poll.
BJP and NDA have not yet taken a stand on issue of Presidential and Vice Presidential election candidates.
After the meeting, Yadav came out to see off Jaswant Singh and the two were seen talking one-on-one for some time.
Sources said Jaswant Singh has been lobbying for his candidature for the post of Vice President for some time. He has reportedly discussed the issue within and outside the party.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, whose SAD is part of the NDA, has also been talked about as a possible Vice Presidential candidate.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead