‘Mulayam not to back Jaswant Singh for VP’
New Delhi: Sources said on Tuesday that the Samajwadi Party will not back Jaswant Singh for the post of Vice President if he decides to contest.
The development came after Jaswant Singh met SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav amid speculation that the BJP leader could be lobbying for the Vice President`s post.
When Yadav was meeting yoga guru Ramdev at his residence on the issue of black money here this morning, Jaswant Singh drove in and was inside the SP leader`s house for ten minutes.
It is understood that the three discussed the issue of Indian black money stashed away abroad. Jaswant Singh had raised the issue on behalf of the BJP in the Lok Sabha.
The meeting between the SP chief and Jaswant Singh triggered speculation that the BJP leader may be making an effort to lobby for himself as a candidate in the Vice Presidential poll.
BJP and NDA have not yet taken a stand on issue of Presidential and Vice Presidential election candidates.
After the meeting, Yadav came out to see off Jaswant Singh and the two were seen talking one-on-one for some time.
Sources said Jaswant Singh has been lobbying for his candidature for the post of Vice President for some time. He has reportedly discussed the issue within and outside the party.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, whose SAD is part of the NDA, has also been talked about as a possible Vice Presidential candidate.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH