My opposition to Modi a media creation: Yashwant
New Delhi: Hours after the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) anointed Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as its poll panel chief, senior party leader and former Union minister Yashwant Sinha on Saturday clarified his stand on the issue.
Putting an end to speculations over his absence at the BJP National Executive in Goa, Sinha said that his opposition to Modi becoming the poll panel chief was merely media speculation.
He, however, reiterated his support for veteran leader L K Advani, saying he remained the most respectable leader in the party.
Sinha also said that he could not go to Goa to attend the BJP meet because of his personal reasons, ruling out any political reason behind the move.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP