My opposition to Modi a media creation: Yashwant
New Delhi: Hours after the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) anointed Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as its poll panel chief, senior party leader and former Union minister Yashwant Sinha on Saturday clarified his stand on the issue.
Putting an end to speculations over his absence at the BJP National Executive in Goa, Sinha said that his opposition to Modi becoming the poll panel chief was merely media speculation.
He, however, reiterated his support for veteran leader L K Advani, saying he remained the most respectable leader in the party.
Sinha also said that he could not go to Goa to attend the BJP meet because of his personal reasons, ruling out any political reason behind the move.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured