My opposition to Modi a media creation: Yashwant
New Delhi: Hours after the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) anointed Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as its poll panel chief, senior party leader and former Union minister Yashwant Sinha on Saturday clarified his stand on the issue.
Putting an end to speculations over his absence at the BJP National Executive in Goa, Sinha said that his opposition to Modi becoming the poll panel chief was merely media speculation.
He, however, reiterated his support for veteran leader L K Advani, saying he remained the most respectable leader in the party.
Sinha also said that he could not go to Goa to attend the BJP meet because of his personal reasons, ruling out any political reason behind the move.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar board Intermediate Result 2016 declared: Check BSEB 12th Result result at www.biharboard.ac.in, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in
- Chidambaram wonders if Modi govt 'deserves' RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan
- Iran`s supreme leader Khamenei warns of Western 'schemes' as new MPs meet
- Confusion prevails over surrender of top aide of Hizb-ul-Mujahideen commander in Kashmir
- NASA to make second attempt to inflate expandable habitat on ISS