My opposition to Modi a media creation: Yashwant
New Delhi: Hours after the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) anointed Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as its poll panel chief, senior party leader and former Union minister Yashwant Sinha on Saturday clarified his stand on the issue.
Putting an end to speculations over his absence at the BJP National Executive in Goa, Sinha said that his opposition to Modi becoming the poll panel chief was merely media speculation.
He, however, reiterated his support for veteran leader L K Advani, saying he remained the most respectable leader in the party.
Sinha also said that he could not go to Goa to attend the BJP meet because of his personal reasons, ruling out any political reason behind the move.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore