My opposition to Modi a media creation: Yashwant
New Delhi: Hours after the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) anointed Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as its poll panel chief, senior party leader and former Union minister Yashwant Sinha on Saturday clarified his stand on the issue.
Putting an end to speculations over his absence at the BJP National Executive in Goa, Sinha said that his opposition to Modi becoming the poll panel chief was merely media speculation.
He, however, reiterated his support for veteran leader L K Advani, saying he remained the most respectable leader in the party.
Sinha also said that he could not go to Goa to attend the BJP meet because of his personal reasons, ruling out any political reason behind the move.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery