Narcotics seized in bulk near Indo-Pak border in 2012: BSF
Jalandhar: Border Security Force (BSF) seized over 288 kgs of heroin and fake currency Indian notes with a face value of Rs 46 lakh in 2012 along the Indo-Pak border in the state.
In addition to heroin and fake currency notes, the BSF has also seized 23 weapons, 33 magazines and 264 rounds during the various raids, Inspector General of BSF`s Punjab Frontier Aditya Mishra said.
Last year, 19 smugglers were arrested by the BSF, he said.
61 people were arrested for suspicious movement near the border area in 2012, Mishra said. Out of which, 34 were Pakistani nations, 12 Bangladeshis and 15 Indians, he added.
The narcotics seized during 2012 including over 288 kgs of heroin, 5.5-kg poppy husk and 550 grams of opium.
Mishra appreciated the efforts of BSF jawans saying their dedication and alertness prevented infiltration and smuggling of arms and drugs into the country.
In 2013, the BSF has seized over 11-kg of heroin and counterfeit notes worth Rs 11.90 lakh near the border area, Mishra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy