Narendra Modi holds closed-door meeting with Rajnath Singh
New Delhi: Speculation over Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi being given a bigger role in the BJP at the national level grew further as he held a closed-door meeting with party president Rajnath Singh on Sunday.
Soon after the national council meeting of the party concluded, Modi drove to Rajnath Singh`s residence and spent about an hour with him.
Sources said Modi and Singh discussed the party`s poll strategy in the coming months ahead of the 2014 general elections.
He is also reported to have discussed the proposed restructuring of the party after Singh assumed the charge as new president in January this year.
Sources indicate that Modi may be included in the BJP parliamentary board, which is the party`s supreme decision making body.
Today`s meeting assume significance amid a clamour for Modi`s projection as the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate for the next general elections.
Today`s meeting between the two leaders is the second one ever since Singh took over as the party`s new president.
Proximity between Singh and Modi is visibly growing with the former honoring him publically during the party`s national executive and national council meetings that concluded today where Singh said that Modi is the most popular chief minister in the country.
Modi also in his speech today thanked Singh for the gesture, saying he did not have words to thank him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video