Narendra Modi holds closed-door meeting with Rajnath Singh
New Delhi: Speculation over Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi being given a bigger role in the BJP at the national level grew further as he held a closed-door meeting with party president Rajnath Singh on Sunday.
Soon after the national council meeting of the party concluded, Modi drove to Rajnath Singh`s residence and spent about an hour with him.
Sources said Modi and Singh discussed the party`s poll strategy in the coming months ahead of the 2014 general elections.
He is also reported to have discussed the proposed restructuring of the party after Singh assumed the charge as new president in January this year.
Sources indicate that Modi may be included in the BJP parliamentary board, which is the party`s supreme decision making body.
Today`s meeting assume significance amid a clamour for Modi`s projection as the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate for the next general elections.
Today`s meeting between the two leaders is the second one ever since Singh took over as the party`s new president.
Proximity between Singh and Modi is visibly growing with the former honoring him publically during the party`s national executive and national council meetings that concluded today where Singh said that Modi is the most popular chief minister in the country.
Modi also in his speech today thanked Singh for the gesture, saying he did not have words to thank him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India