Narendra Modi holds closed-door meeting with Rajnath Singh
New Delhi: Speculation over Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi being given a bigger role in the BJP at the national level grew further as he held a closed-door meeting with party president Rajnath Singh on Sunday.
Soon after the national council meeting of the party concluded, Modi drove to Rajnath Singh`s residence and spent about an hour with him.
Sources said Modi and Singh discussed the party`s poll strategy in the coming months ahead of the 2014 general elections.
He is also reported to have discussed the proposed restructuring of the party after Singh assumed the charge as new president in January this year.
Sources indicate that Modi may be included in the BJP parliamentary board, which is the party`s supreme decision making body.
Today`s meeting assume significance amid a clamour for Modi`s projection as the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate for the next general elections.
Today`s meeting between the two leaders is the second one ever since Singh took over as the party`s new president.
Proximity between Singh and Modi is visibly growing with the former honoring him publically during the party`s national executive and national council meetings that concluded today where Singh said that Modi is the most popular chief minister in the country.
Modi also in his speech today thanked Singh for the gesture, saying he did not have words to thank him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued