Narendra Modi holds closed-door meeting with Rajnath Singh
New Delhi: Speculation over Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi being given a bigger role in the BJP at the national level grew further as he held a closed-door meeting with party president Rajnath Singh on Sunday.
Soon after the national council meeting of the party concluded, Modi drove to Rajnath Singh`s residence and spent about an hour with him.
Sources said Modi and Singh discussed the party`s poll strategy in the coming months ahead of the 2014 general elections.
He is also reported to have discussed the proposed restructuring of the party after Singh assumed the charge as new president in January this year.
Sources indicate that Modi may be included in the BJP parliamentary board, which is the party`s supreme decision making body.
Today`s meeting assume significance amid a clamour for Modi`s projection as the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate for the next general elections.
Today`s meeting between the two leaders is the second one ever since Singh took over as the party`s new president.
Proximity between Singh and Modi is visibly growing with the former honoring him publically during the party`s national executive and national council meetings that concluded today where Singh said that Modi is the most popular chief minister in the country.
Modi also in his speech today thanked Singh for the gesture, saying he did not have words to thank him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie