Narendra Modi is misleading the country: Rashid Alvi
New Delhi: Congress leader Rashid Alvi has accused Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi of misleading the people through his speech on the Indian education system at Fergusson College in Pune on Sunday.
“He (Modi) said he started a Forensic University in Gujarat and it is the first in India. He is not aware that there have been numerous researches in the field of forensic science. He is doing the same things in his University which is happening in Hyderabad and Bangalore,” he said.
Alvi further said that Modi had no idea how the educated youth today are all over the world and claimed that he had a political motive behind all this.
“Narendra Modi has no idea where the world is now. Now that elections are round the corner, he wants to raise these issues,” he added.
Addressing students at Pune’s Fergusson College, Modi said, “Education has become a money-making business. We have become money-making machine from man-making machine. We need modernisation, not westernization.” “Since independence, we don``t have a single education institution which can make us proud in the world,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued