Narendra Modi is misleading the country: Rashid Alvi
New Delhi: Congress leader Rashid Alvi has accused Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi of misleading the people through his speech on the Indian education system at Fergusson College in Pune on Sunday.
“He (Modi) said he started a Forensic University in Gujarat and it is the first in India. He is not aware that there have been numerous researches in the field of forensic science. He is doing the same things in his University which is happening in Hyderabad and Bangalore,” he said.
Alvi further said that Modi had no idea how the educated youth today are all over the world and claimed that he had a political motive behind all this.
“Narendra Modi has no idea where the world is now. Now that elections are round the corner, he wants to raise these issues,” he added.
Addressing students at Pune’s Fergusson College, Modi said, “Education has become a money-making business. We have become money-making machine from man-making machine. We need modernisation, not westernization.” “Since independence, we don``t have a single education institution which can make us proud in the world,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation