Narendra Modi is misleading the country: Rashid Alvi
New Delhi: Congress leader Rashid Alvi has accused Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi of misleading the people through his speech on the Indian education system at Fergusson College in Pune on Sunday.
“He (Modi) said he started a Forensic University in Gujarat and it is the first in India. He is not aware that there have been numerous researches in the field of forensic science. He is doing the same things in his University which is happening in Hyderabad and Bangalore,” he said.
Alvi further said that Modi had no idea how the educated youth today are all over the world and claimed that he had a political motive behind all this.
“Narendra Modi has no idea where the world is now. Now that elections are round the corner, he wants to raise these issues,” he added.
Addressing students at Pune’s Fergusson College, Modi said, “Education has become a money-making business. We have become money-making machine from man-making machine. We need modernisation, not westernization.” “Since independence, we don``t have a single education institution which can make us proud in the world,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Father arrested for sexually abusing 2 minor girls
- New global migration map may help fight malaria
- 7th CPC: Committee of Secretaries on Allowances to meet on September 1; invites employees' unions for talks
- Nationalism is BJP's identity, our sole aim is nation-building: PM Modi
- WATCH: PRODIGY! This 11-year-old from Odisha slum will now train at Bayern Munich