Narendra Modi is misleading the country: Rashid Alvi
New Delhi: Congress leader Rashid Alvi has accused Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi of misleading the people through his speech on the Indian education system at Fergusson College in Pune on Sunday.
“He (Modi) said he started a Forensic University in Gujarat and it is the first in India. He is not aware that there have been numerous researches in the field of forensic science. He is doing the same things in his University which is happening in Hyderabad and Bangalore,” he said.
Alvi further said that Modi had no idea how the educated youth today are all over the world and claimed that he had a political motive behind all this.
“Narendra Modi has no idea where the world is now. Now that elections are round the corner, he wants to raise these issues,” he added.
Addressing students at Pune’s Fergusson College, Modi said, “Education has become a money-making business. We have become money-making machine from man-making machine. We need modernisation, not westernization.” “Since independence, we don``t have a single education institution which can make us proud in the world,” he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler