Narendra Modi is misleading the country: Rashid Alvi
New Delhi: Congress leader Rashid Alvi has accused Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi of misleading the people through his speech on the Indian education system at Fergusson College in Pune on Sunday.
“He (Modi) said he started a Forensic University in Gujarat and it is the first in India. He is not aware that there have been numerous researches in the field of forensic science. He is doing the same things in his University which is happening in Hyderabad and Bangalore,” he said.
Alvi further said that Modi had no idea how the educated youth today are all over the world and claimed that he had a political motive behind all this.
“Narendra Modi has no idea where the world is now. Now that elections are round the corner, he wants to raise these issues,” he added.
Addressing students at Pune’s Fergusson College, Modi said, “Education has become a money-making business. We have become money-making machine from man-making machine. We need modernisation, not westernization.” “Since independence, we don``t have a single education institution which can make us proud in the world,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- US, North Korea trade barbs over nuclear weapon tests
- Palestinians seek to sue Britain over 1917 vow to Jews
- PM Modi should also be suspended from House for 'inviting ISI to Pathankot', says AAP MP Bhagwant Mann
- MASSIVE! Italian giants Juventus complete USD 104 million transfer of Gonzalo Higuain from Napoli
- Odisha govt has "nexus" with Maoists: BJP probe team