Narendra Modi `marketing` himself for PM post: Congress
Indore: Congress on Sunday alleged that Narendra Modi is busy these days in "marketing" himself for the post of prime minister, even though there is no consensus on the Gujarat Chief Minister within his own party.
"With an intention to become prime minister, Modi is these days marketing himself despite the fact that his own party leaders are not unanimous in declaring his candidature for the top post," Congress general secretary in-charge of Madhya Pradesh BK Hariprasad told reporters here.
He said Modi`s focus was on becoming the prime minister while on the other hand Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi was talking about strengthening the hands of common man. "This is the big difference between Rahul Gandhi and Narendra Modi," he said.
"A person who is weak is always looking for a post, while a strong man always sits confidently in the house thinking that people will elect him one day on the basis of his good work," he said.
The Congress general secretary also dismissed the claim made by the BJP leaders that Modi has ensured all round development of Gujarat under his leadership.
"Gujarat was never lagging behind. It has been always ahead for long as far as development is concerned. Business and commerce acumen is always there in the blood of Gujaratis and they are not dependent on any government for their development," Hariprasad said.
"Ambanis and Tatas have established their industrial units in Gujarat and no Chief Minister can take credit of development of Gujarat all of a sudden," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested