Narendra Modi most popular political leader in Bihar: BJP Minister
Rajkot: Amidst mounting speculation over the fate of JD(U)-BJP alliance, a Bihar Minister and BJP leader on Friday said Narendra Modi was the most popular politician in the eastern state and fit to be Prime Minister.
"Narendra Modi is more popular than any other local leader in Bihar and he is fit to become Prime Minister of the country," Giriraj Singh, who holds the Animal Husbandry and Fisheries portfolio in the Nitish Kumar-led government, said.
He was talking to reporters during a brief stay here on his way to Somnath and Dwarka.
Asked about the recent developments in NDA after Modi was named chief of BJP`s Lok Sabha election campaign committee, Singh said alliance partner JD(U)`s stand on the Gujarat Chief Minister`s elevation was "improper".
Even members of minority communities want Modi to become Prime Minister, he claimed.
The results of 2012 Assembly election in Gujarat and recent by-polls in the state suggest the BJP stalwart is "a deserving" candidate for the top post, the Bihar Minister maintained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state