Navjot Singh Sidhu feeling "suffocated", may quit politics: Wife
New Delhi: Cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu`s wife Navjot Kaur has dropped a bombshell. As per media reports, Kaur has indicated in a post on her Facebook account that Sidhu is "feeling suffocated" in the Bharatiya Janata Party and may quit politics.
She later told reporters, "Since the past six months, I`ve been listening that my husband Sidhu is keeping away from the system, he`s not working for the system. Being in the system, one must have the liberty to choose your people and if you can`t do so, the system suffocates you."
Sidhu`s wife, however, added that she wasn`t commenting "on any political party".
According to sources, Sidhu, an MP from Amritsar, is unhappy at being sidelined in the party. The BJP recently reshuffled its parliamentary board ahead of the General Elections in 2014.
Kaur hinted that the former cricketer was also being forced to support corruption.
"How can you let an honest leader survive? One who does not believe in corruption, does not support criminals, does not become party to commission system, what good can he do to party? So, finally you pair up to push him aside, make him feel suffocated in the system."
According to sources, many in the BJP believe Sidhu is disconnected from politics and is busy with his other personal commitments, including cricket commentary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police