NCP demands CBI probe into Nifty `flash crash`
Mumbai: The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) on Saturday demanded a CBI probe into the 900-point `flash crash` of National Stock Exchange (NSE) index Nifty, which had halted trade on the exchange for about 15 minutes.
NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik said a CBI probe was necessary to find out the "conspiracy" behind the incident.
"This was a conspiracy to destabilise the economy which was looking good after the Centre`s reform measures. Small investors have been looted and the need of the hour is to go into the root cause of the conspiracy," NCP spokesman Nawab Malik said.
A huge 900-point `flash crash` in stock benchmark NSE Nifty on Friday morning caused panic in market, prompting regulator SEBI to begin a probe into the incident, which briefly erased about Rs 10 lakh crore in market wealth.
The incident occurred on a day when expectations were high for an upward rally on bourses, following some big-ticket reform measures approved by the government on Thursday evening, including on FDI in sectors like insurance and pension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir