NDA alliance strong: Nitish Kumar
Patna: Seeking to put a full stop on speculations if ties between JD(U) and BJP were under strain after recent bickering, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today said the alliance was working well and will continue to do so in future.
"We work together in coordination and mutual agreement," Kumar told reporters after filing of nominations by two JD(U) and one BJP candidates for the three seats of Bihar Legislative Council.
"Seat-sharing agreement among partners for the Council elections has strengthened the alliance and we will work together for the welfare of people of Bihar in future too," Kumar, flanked by Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi, said.
The CM`s assertion is important in view of speculations if ties between the two old NDA partners was under strain after JD(U) conclave in Delhi in which some hard-hitting comments of the leaders was construed as aimed at BJP Prime Ministerial probable Narendra Modi which was not liked by party leaders.
The political scene had hotted up in Bihar with BJP leaders, including the Deputy CM, making strong protest against JD(U).
BJP minister and state NDA convener, Nand Kishore Yadav also told reporters that there was perfect understanding between NDA alliance partners.
While former minister Manzar Alam and Rajkishore Singh Kushwaha filed nominations from JD(U), from BJP papers were submitted by Vivek Thakur, son of party national vice president and former union minister C P Thakur.
The three seats of the Council have fallen vacant following deaths of JD(U) Ramashray Prasad Singh and RJD`s Badshah Prasad Azad and Ramchandra Prasad.
With 118 MLAs of JD(U) and 91 of BJP in the 243-member Bihar Assembly, the three NDA nominees are all set to romp home easily.
The RJD of Lalu Prasad which has been decimated in the assembly and Parliamentary elections is likely to lose its two legislators in the council.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar