NDA unlikely to oppose Pranab Mukherjee?
New Delhi: With United Progressive Alliance (UPA) announcing Pranab Mukherjee as their Presidential candidate on Friday, reports suggest that National Democratic Alliance (NDA) will not oppose his candidature for the top post.
The senior Congress leader who cutting across party lines shares a healthy relationship and commands respect is most unlikely to be opposed by any other party other than the Trinamool Congress.
Ending days of intense speculation, finally, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee’s name was announced as UPA presidential candidate today.
The decision was taken at a meeting at meet of UPA allies at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s official residence 7 Race Course Road; leader from all UPA partners were present except Trinamool Congress.
Earlier, it was being reported that the NDA would announce APJ Abdul Kalam’s name if Samajwadi Party supremo would have openly advocated for former president’s candidature.
BJP veteran LK Advani said in a press conference earlier in the day that NDA will announce its decision after UPA announces its Presidential candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore