NDA unlikely to oppose Pranab Mukherjee?
New Delhi: With United Progressive Alliance (UPA) announcing Pranab Mukherjee as their Presidential candidate on Friday, reports suggest that National Democratic Alliance (NDA) will not oppose his candidature for the top post.
The senior Congress leader who cutting across party lines shares a healthy relationship and commands respect is most unlikely to be opposed by any other party other than the Trinamool Congress.
Ending days of intense speculation, finally, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee’s name was announced as UPA presidential candidate today.
The decision was taken at a meeting at meet of UPA allies at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s official residence 7 Race Course Road; leader from all UPA partners were present except Trinamool Congress.
Earlier, it was being reported that the NDA would announce APJ Abdul Kalam’s name if Samajwadi Party supremo would have openly advocated for former president’s candidature.
BJP veteran LK Advani said in a press conference earlier in the day that NDA will announce its decision after UPA announces its Presidential candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi