NDA unlikely to oppose Pranab Mukherjee?
New Delhi: With United Progressive Alliance (UPA) announcing Pranab Mukherjee as their Presidential candidate on Friday, reports suggest that National Democratic Alliance (NDA) will not oppose his candidature for the top post.
The senior Congress leader who cutting across party lines shares a healthy relationship and commands respect is most unlikely to be opposed by any other party other than the Trinamool Congress.
Ending days of intense speculation, finally, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee’s name was announced as UPA presidential candidate today.
The decision was taken at a meeting at meet of UPA allies at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s official residence 7 Race Course Road; leader from all UPA partners were present except Trinamool Congress.
Earlier, it was being reported that the NDA would announce APJ Abdul Kalam’s name if Samajwadi Party supremo would have openly advocated for former president’s candidature.
BJP veteran LK Advani said in a press conference earlier in the day that NDA will announce its decision after UPA announces its Presidential candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon