New anti-rape law may be misused: Asaram Bapu
Faridabad (Haryana): Claiming that an "anti-men" campaign is being driven following the Delhi gang-rape incident, spiritual guru Asaram Bapu on Monday cautioned that any new law on crime against women may be misused by vested interests.
"After the Delhi gang-rape incident, an anti-men campaign appears to be on. Women should be respected but no new law should be framed which can be misused by vested interests....," he said addressing his followers in Bhankari village here on outskirts of Delhi.
He cited the anti-dowry Act and the SC/ST Act and claimed that they have also been misused.
On the controversy over his remark on the Delhi gang-rape victim, the guru said, "I only meant that had even one of the six accused taken `diksha` (initiated into his teachings), the crime would not have occurred."
He blamed the television channels "who get funding from abroad" for creating controversy over his remarks.
"I am amused and I also pity them," Asaram said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan