New messaging system for NGOs with FCRA registrati
New Delhi: A new messaging system has been set up by the government to facilitate speedy and assured communication with NGOs having Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) registration.
The messaging system has been set up within the online FCRA system at
FCRA clearance is mandatory for all NGOs that accept foreign contributions. The government makes public the names of organisations which receive over Rs one crore in overseas contributions in any financial year.
According to a home ministry data, there were 262 NGOs in this category in 2011-12, a majority of whom were based in Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Delhi.
Presently, FCRA messaging system is available to NGOs who have applied for FCRA registration online and to registered NGOs. The new messaging system will be expanded to cover all NGOs that accept foreign contributions.
It will be mandatory for all NGOs to make use of the new FCRA messaging system for sending queries, comments etc to the Home Ministry, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical