New messaging system for NGOs with FCRA registrati
New Delhi: A new messaging system has been set up by the government to facilitate speedy and assured communication with NGOs having Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) registration.
The messaging system has been set up within the online FCRA system at
FCRA clearance is mandatory for all NGOs that accept foreign contributions. The government makes public the names of organisations which receive over Rs one crore in overseas contributions in any financial year.
According to a home ministry data, there were 262 NGOs in this category in 2011-12, a majority of whom were based in Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Delhi.
Presently, FCRA messaging system is available to NGOs who have applied for FCRA registration online and to registered NGOs. The new messaging system will be expanded to cover all NGOs that accept foreign contributions.
It will be mandatory for all NGOs to make use of the new FCRA messaging system for sending queries, comments etc to the Home Ministry, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Italy rescues around 1,100 migrants in Mediterranean
- Usain Bolt was poor, eating beef helped him win nine medals in Olympics: BJP MP Udit Raj
- After Gilgit, PoK and Balochistan, 'azaadi' slogans resonate in Pakistan's Sindh – Watch
- Gold price inches down on steady dollar, Fed rate hike remains on cards
- Curfew lifted from Kashmir after 51 days, restrictions continue in parts of Srinagar, Pulwama