New messaging system for NGOs with FCRA registrati
New Delhi: A new messaging system has been set up by the government to facilitate speedy and assured communication with NGOs having Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) registration.
The messaging system has been set up within the online FCRA system at
FCRA clearance is mandatory for all NGOs that accept foreign contributions. The government makes public the names of organisations which receive over Rs one crore in overseas contributions in any financial year.
According to a home ministry data, there were 262 NGOs in this category in 2011-12, a majority of whom were based in Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Delhi.
Presently, FCRA messaging system is available to NGOs who have applied for FCRA registration online and to registered NGOs. The new messaging system will be expanded to cover all NGOs that accept foreign contributions.
It will be mandatory for all NGOs to make use of the new FCRA messaging system for sending queries, comments etc to the Home Ministry, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali