New messaging system for NGOs with FCRA registrati
New Delhi: A new messaging system has been set up by the government to facilitate speedy and assured communication with NGOs having Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) registration.
The messaging system has been set up within the online FCRA system at
FCRA clearance is mandatory for all NGOs that accept foreign contributions. The government makes public the names of organisations which receive over Rs one crore in overseas contributions in any financial year.
According to a home ministry data, there were 262 NGOs in this category in 2011-12, a majority of whom were based in Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Delhi.
Presently, FCRA messaging system is available to NGOs who have applied for FCRA registration online and to registered NGOs. The new messaging system will be expanded to cover all NGOs that accept foreign contributions.
It will be mandatory for all NGOs to make use of the new FCRA messaging system for sending queries, comments etc to the Home Ministry, the release said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane