New scheme: Innovation through common people
New Delhi: To encourage people to come out with sustainable and scalable solutions for local problems in areas such as health, education and banking, the government on Monday announced a new scheme, "One MP-One Idea".
Under it, people will receive cash awards of Rs 2.5 lakh, Rs 1.5 lakh and Rs 1 lakh for the first, second and third best innovative solutions through their Member Parliament Local Area Development funds.
Besides, a certificate of appreciation will be given to the next five best innovations.
"In order to foster, a grass-root bottoms-up approach to innovation and development and to arrive at solutions for local problems which are sustainable and scalable, there is a need for seeking out and campaigning for ideas that have the potential to solve challenges," Minister of State for Statistics and Programme Implementation Srikant Kumar Jena has said here in a statement.
"..Based on the innovative ideas received from the local people regarding developmental projects, an `One MP - One Idea` competition may be held in each Lok Sabha constituency annually to select the three best innovations for cash awards on the specific request of an Member Parliament to promote such a scheme in his or her constituency," he added.
Jena said the scheme will inspire people to find innovative solutions to social and developmental problems.
The applications, under the scheme, will be invited for providing innovative solutions pertaining to social issues, especially in the area of education and skills, health, water and sanitation, housing and infrastructure, agriculture, energy, environment, community and social service.
The solutions will be evaluated by a selection committee headed by the DC/DM of the nodal district and consist of six members from engineering, finance, health and sanitation, academia, industry and banking and financial institutions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal