New scheme: Innovation through common people
New Delhi: To encourage people to come out with sustainable and scalable solutions for local problems in areas such as health, education and banking, the government on Monday announced a new scheme, "One MP-One Idea".
Under it, people will receive cash awards of Rs 2.5 lakh, Rs 1.5 lakh and Rs 1 lakh for the first, second and third best innovative solutions through their Member Parliament Local Area Development funds.
Besides, a certificate of appreciation will be given to the next five best innovations.
"In order to foster, a grass-root bottoms-up approach to innovation and development and to arrive at solutions for local problems which are sustainable and scalable, there is a need for seeking out and campaigning for ideas that have the potential to solve challenges," Minister of State for Statistics and Programme Implementation Srikant Kumar Jena has said here in a statement.
"..Based on the innovative ideas received from the local people regarding developmental projects, an `One MP - One Idea` competition may be held in each Lok Sabha constituency annually to select the three best innovations for cash awards on the specific request of an Member Parliament to promote such a scheme in his or her constituency," he added.
Jena said the scheme will inspire people to find innovative solutions to social and developmental problems.
The applications, under the scheme, will be invited for providing innovative solutions pertaining to social issues, especially in the area of education and skills, health, water and sanitation, housing and infrastructure, agriculture, energy, environment, community and social service.
The solutions will be evaluated by a selection committee headed by the DC/DM of the nodal district and consist of six members from engineering, finance, health and sanitation, academia, industry and banking and financial institutions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'