New scheme: Innovation through common people
New Delhi: To encourage people to come out with sustainable and scalable solutions for local problems in areas such as health, education and banking, the government on Monday announced a new scheme, "One MP-One Idea".
Under it, people will receive cash awards of Rs 2.5 lakh, Rs 1.5 lakh and Rs 1 lakh for the first, second and third best innovative solutions through their Member Parliament Local Area Development funds.
Besides, a certificate of appreciation will be given to the next five best innovations.
"In order to foster, a grass-root bottoms-up approach to innovation and development and to arrive at solutions for local problems which are sustainable and scalable, there is a need for seeking out and campaigning for ideas that have the potential to solve challenges," Minister of State for Statistics and Programme Implementation Srikant Kumar Jena has said here in a statement.
"..Based on the innovative ideas received from the local people regarding developmental projects, an `One MP - One Idea` competition may be held in each Lok Sabha constituency annually to select the three best innovations for cash awards on the specific request of an Member Parliament to promote such a scheme in his or her constituency," he added.
Jena said the scheme will inspire people to find innovative solutions to social and developmental problems.
The applications, under the scheme, will be invited for providing innovative solutions pertaining to social issues, especially in the area of education and skills, health, water and sanitation, housing and infrastructure, agriculture, energy, environment, community and social service.
The solutions will be evaluated by a selection committee headed by the DC/DM of the nodal district and consist of six members from engineering, finance, health and sanitation, academia, industry and banking and financial institutions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- ISRO successfully tests scramjet rocket engine
- Rafael Nadal hoping to continue Rio Olympics momentum at US Open
- Guess who? This A-list Bollywood actress can give up career to marry the man she loves
- 'Mann Ki Baat': From praising India's daughters to concern over loss of lives in Kashmir - What all PM Narendra Modi said
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew, restrictions continue for 51st day; businesses suffer losses of Rs 7,500 crore