Nitin Gadkari to face corruption charges next: Damania
Mumbai: RTI activist and India Against Corruption (IAC) member Anjali Damania on Tuesday confirmed that Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Nitin Gadkari would be the next person to be exposed before the public.
Damania said India Against Corruption would be exposing Gadkari`s silence.
"Gadkari`s name cropped up twice earlier. He is linked to the coalgate in some or the other way and then he refused to help expose the irrigation scam (in Maharashtra). Being the president of the opposition party, it is his responsibility to expose the scam," said Damania.
"And why he does not want to do it, we would be bringing this forward. We would be exposing why Nitin Gadkari`s doesn`t say anything," she added.
Damania alleged that the scams are taking place because all the political parties are linked to it.
"The opposition party does not want to expose it because all of them (all parties) are together. And this is what that we would be exposing in tomorrow`s press conference," she said.
Damania also hit out at Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh, saying India Against Corruption neither works for the Congress, BJP or any other party.
"We are working for the country. Digvijay Singh said yesterday in various news channels that we (India Against Corruption) are BJP`s `A` party and Baba Ramdev is `B` party. I just want to ask him when Arvind has made it clear that we are going to expose BJP`s president, despite that if he talks in such a manner then it is extremely sad," she said.
India Against Corruption has so far exposed Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra and Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test