Nitish to seek vote of confidence on June 19
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday said he will seek a vote of confidence at a special session of the state Assembly on June 19.
"I have urged the Governor to call a special session of the Assembly on June 19 for a confidence vote," he told reporters after a meeting with Governor D Y Patil this afternoon.
Kumar drove to Raj Bhavan after he had a meeting with JD(U) leaders at his 1, Anne Marg residence. He spent about half-an-hour in the Governor`s House.
Party sources said the JD(U) meeting adopted a resolution saying the Narendra Modi brand of politics was dangerous as a section of the society was wary of him.
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi is scheduled to address mediapersons at BJP headquarters here at 4 PM to express his party`s view on the entire episode.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends