Nitish to seek vote of confidence on June 19
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday said he will seek a vote of confidence at a special session of the state Assembly on June 19.
"I have urged the Governor to call a special session of the Assembly on June 19 for a confidence vote," he told reporters after a meeting with Governor D Y Patil this afternoon.
Kumar drove to Raj Bhavan after he had a meeting with JD(U) leaders at his 1, Anne Marg residence. He spent about half-an-hour in the Governor`s House.
Party sources said the JD(U) meeting adopted a resolution saying the Narendra Modi brand of politics was dangerous as a section of the society was wary of him.
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi is scheduled to address mediapersons at BJP headquarters here at 4 PM to express his party`s view on the entire episode.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy