No business in Parliament as DMK, AIADMK, SP create ruckus
New Delhi: Parliament failed to transact any business on Wednesday as DMK, AIADMK and Samajwadi Party created ruckus over issues relating to Sri Lankan Tamils and other matters.
It was trouble from word go in both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha with DMK and AIADMK raising slogans against atrocities on Tamils in Sri Lanka as soon as the two Houses met for the day.
All the while SP members kept shouting slogans against Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma for his reported remarks against their party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and demanding the minister`s resignation.
In the Lok Sabha, DMK, AIADMK and CPI members stormed the Well shouting slogans against atrocities on Tamils in Sri Lanka. They demanded a resolution to be adopted by Parliament on Sri Lankan Tamils issue.
Members of Samajwadi Party, which supports the government from outside, also joined in the Well seeking Verma`s removal.
Verma, a former associate of Yadav and now a Congress minister, has reportedly accused the SP chief of having terror links.
In the Rajya Sabha, similar unruly scenes were witnessed as DMK and AIADMK members rushed into the Well shouting slogans demanding justice for Tamils in Sri Lanka. AIADMK members carried posters of slain LTTE chief Prabhakaran`s son and shouted "We want Justice."
SP members too trooped into the Well raising slogans demanding dismissal of Verma for his utterances against their party chief.
Lok Sabha was adjourned twice till 12.30 PM before being adjourned for the day without transacting any business.
Rajya Sabha was adjourned thrice till 3 PM before being adjourned till Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!