No grudge against Mamata, says Sangma
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-backed presidential candidate PA Sangma Wednesday said he holds no grudge against Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee for supporting Pranab Mukherjee in the race to Rashtrapati Bhavan.
"In politics everyone has their right to decide who they will back... I don`t have any grudge," Sangma told a news channel.
"She (Mamata Banerjee) has every right to decide for her party, I have nothing to say on it. I tried to reach out to her, I met her and requested her... that was my duty. She had given me a personal hearing, which gave me some hope," he said, adding that everyone had their own compulsions and made their own calculations so he held no grudges.
Every vote is important, he said, accepting that Banerjee`s endorsement of UPA`s Mukherjee was a "setback".
"Naturally every vote is important, it is a setback".
The West Bengal Chief Minister had Tuesday said her party would vote for Mukherjee in Thursday`s presidential poll. She called the decision "painful" and said she had been left with no other option.
The result will be announced July 22.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij