No grudge against Mamata, says Sangma
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-backed presidential candidate PA Sangma Wednesday said he holds no grudge against Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee for supporting Pranab Mukherjee in the race to Rashtrapati Bhavan.
"In politics everyone has their right to decide who they will back... I don`t have any grudge," Sangma told a news channel.
"She (Mamata Banerjee) has every right to decide for her party, I have nothing to say on it. I tried to reach out to her, I met her and requested her... that was my duty. She had given me a personal hearing, which gave me some hope," he said, adding that everyone had their own compulsions and made their own calculations so he held no grudges.
Every vote is important, he said, accepting that Banerjee`s endorsement of UPA`s Mukherjee was a "setback".
"Naturally every vote is important, it is a setback".
The West Bengal Chief Minister had Tuesday said her party would vote for Mukherjee in Thursday`s presidential poll. She called the decision "painful" and said she had been left with no other option.
The result will be announced July 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Aussie legend Craig McDermott hails Ishant Sharma as a real workhorse
- Spain seeks `urgent` answers from London after nuclear sub collision
- Tinder rolls out its new feature in India
- Transgenders to soon be categorised as 'third gender', can change gender after sex-change surgery
- 'Don't abandon search', MH370 families plead