No innocent youth will be put behind bar: MoS Home
New Delhi: In the wake of demands for bringing justice to "innocent" Muslims falsely accused of terrorism, the Centre today said all efforts would be made to release such youth languishing in jails.
Union Minister of State for Home RPN Singh said the government will act in the toughest manner as far as terrorism and terrorists are concerned and deal with them accordingly.
"But it will make extra steps to make sure that no innocent youth is put behind bar," he said after a delegation of Muslim MPs and leaders of the community met him demanding justice to "innocent" Muslims accused of terrorism.
The delegation conveyed to the Minister that "thousands of innocent Muslims across India have suffered years of imprisonment, torture, humiliation, disgrace, trauma, ostracism and sheer injustice from being falsely implicated on the charges of terrorism based on fabricated evidence for over a decade".
Demands for justice to "innocent" youth from the community came as all the nine Muslim youth, accused of involvement in 2006 Malegaon bomb blasts, were released from jail after five years of incarceration when no evidence was found against them.
Last month, Bangalore-based journalist Muthi-ur-Rehman Siddiqui and DRDO scientist Aijaz Ahmed Mirza, who were arrested by the Bangalore Police in an alleged terror plot, were released on bail after the NIA failed to file charges against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam