No plans to cancel China visit: Salman Khurshid
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Tuesday said that as of now there was no plans to cancel his visit to Beijing in wake of Chinese incursion in Ladakh.
He, however, appeared to keep his options open saying "one week is a long time in politics".
"Can I cancel my visit? Government has to decide. There is no such decision and there is no reason we should do that but you know one week is a long time in politics, so lets move forward," he told reporters outside Parliament.
Khurshid is scheduled to travel to Beijing on May 9 in connection with preparations for Chinese Premier Li Keqiang`s visit here next month.
Samajwadi Party had yesterday objected to the Minister`s visit to China with party leader and former defence minister Mulayam Singh Yadav accusing the government of acting in a "cowardly" manner on the Chinese incursion issue.
Khurshid expressed confidence that the stand-off between the two countries will be resolved amicably through talks.
"I would like to say it once again that let talks take place. We have a system which we have developed it over the years and have strengthened it and whenever any such development takes place, it is solved within that system. I am confident that a solution will emerge out of this," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials