No plans to cancel China visit: Salman Khurshid
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Tuesday said that as of now there was no plans to cancel his visit to Beijing in wake of Chinese incursion in Ladakh.
He, however, appeared to keep his options open saying "one week is a long time in politics".
"Can I cancel my visit? Government has to decide. There is no such decision and there is no reason we should do that but you know one week is a long time in politics, so lets move forward," he told reporters outside Parliament.
Khurshid is scheduled to travel to Beijing on May 9 in connection with preparations for Chinese Premier Li Keqiang`s visit here next month.
Samajwadi Party had yesterday objected to the Minister`s visit to China with party leader and former defence minister Mulayam Singh Yadav accusing the government of acting in a "cowardly" manner on the Chinese incursion issue.
Khurshid expressed confidence that the stand-off between the two countries will be resolved amicably through talks.
"I would like to say it once again that let talks take place. We have a system which we have developed it over the years and have strengthened it and whenever any such development takes place, it is solved within that system. I am confident that a solution will emerge out of this," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble