No proof of UFOs flying over India-China border: Antony
New Delhi: There is no conclusive proof of Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) flying over the India-China border, but government is monitoring all developments in the neighbourhood which could have a bearing on national security, Defence Minister AK Antony Monday said.
He gave the information in a written reply in the Lok Sabha to a question as to whether Army`s Leh-based 14 Corps had reported about mysterious UFOs flying over the India-China border during the last three years.
Assuring the House of the measures taken by government, Antony said, "Required measures have been initiated through development of infrastructure and operational capabilities to achieve desired levels of defence preparedness to safeguard the sovereignty, territorial integrity and security of India."
To a separate question on situation in Jammu and Kashmir, he said it has stabilised due to persistent anti-terrorist operations carried out by the government.
"The situation in J&K has stabilised due to the persistent proactive counter terrorist operations carried out by the government," he said.
For return and rehabilitation of Kashmiri migrants to the Valley, he said, "A comprehensive package of Rs 1618.14 crore was announced by Prime Minister in 2008... Government acts as facilitator for making all facilities available to migrants for their permanent rehabilitation in the Valley."
Antony also provided details of civilians and terrorists killed in J&K during last three years. While 13 civilians were killed between 2009 and October 2012, 58 terrorist were gunned down during the corresponding period last year. The highest number of 245 terrorists were killed in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’