No proof of UFOs flying over India-China border: Antony
New Delhi: There is no conclusive proof of Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) flying over the India-China border, but government is monitoring all developments in the neighbourhood which could have a bearing on national security, Defence Minister AK Antony Monday said.
He gave the information in a written reply in the Lok Sabha to a question as to whether Army`s Leh-based 14 Corps had reported about mysterious UFOs flying over the India-China border during the last three years.
Assuring the House of the measures taken by government, Antony said, "Required measures have been initiated through development of infrastructure and operational capabilities to achieve desired levels of defence preparedness to safeguard the sovereignty, territorial integrity and security of India."
To a separate question on situation in Jammu and Kashmir, he said it has stabilised due to persistent anti-terrorist operations carried out by the government.
"The situation in J&K has stabilised due to the persistent proactive counter terrorist operations carried out by the government," he said.
For return and rehabilitation of Kashmiri migrants to the Valley, he said, "A comprehensive package of Rs 1618.14 crore was announced by Prime Minister in 2008... Government acts as facilitator for making all facilities available to migrants for their permanent rehabilitation in the Valley."
Antony also provided details of civilians and terrorists killed in J&K during last three years. While 13 civilians were killed between 2009 and October 2012, 58 terrorist were gunned down during the corresponding period last year. The highest number of 245 terrorists were killed in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH