Not just Falak, her mother a victim too: Police
New Delhi: Hours after baby Falak’s mother Munni was traced to Jhunjunu in Rajasthan, the Delhi Police said on Monday that the mother was also a victim of a racket as that sold her off in marriage.
Addressing a press conference, Chaaya Sharma, DCP Delhi Police said that DNA test is being carried out to ascertain whether Munni – who belongs to Muzzaffarpur in Bihar - is indeed the biological mother of Falak.
Detailing the sequence of events of the tragic tale, the DCP said, “She (Munni) was married off in 2006 when she was 15-16 years old by her father who was a railway employee. However, her husband identified as Mohhamed Shah Hussain fell into bad company due to which her family life was disturbed.”
The top cop further said that they had three children, the youngest child being Falak, adding, “During that phase when she was worried about her future, Munni got a phone call; the man on the other side offered help and promised to obliterate her difficulties.”
“She told him that she is married but he persisted and made her to talk to Laxmi (the alleged kingpin of the racket; under arrest) who was acting as his wife. Laxmi told her to come to Delhi and that she will help her find a job so that she can take care of her children.”
“Munni believed them and came to Delhi where she was asked by Laxmi to do ‘certain things’ but she refused. But they convinced her that she can’t take care of kids on her own…they convinced her that she can get married again,” Sharma added.
“They (conspirators) talked to a family in Rajasthan who were looking for a bride for their son. She (Munni) was told that her prospective husband was already married but it will be of help in her case as he also has kids from his first marriage....she was married off on the assurance that her kids will be sent to her once she convinces her new in-laws.”
“But Munni soon realised that she was trapped as her husband refused to take in her children, but couldn’t do anything as she was helpless…later, Munni called up Laxmi and asked her about her kids but instead of offering help Laxmi told her to decamp with all jewellery, but she didn’t fall into the trap again and decided to continue living with her new husband.
As per reports, Munni was sold to the Rajasthan family for Rs 2.5 lakhs.
Chaaya Sharma said that the location of Munni’s other children – one boy and one girl – has been traced, while naming Kanta Chaudhary, Saroj and Laxmi as the three people who colluded and conspired.
Meanwhile, Munni was produced before a magistrate in Delhi and her statement has been recorded.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged