Not murder, says widow of Oxford professor
London: The widow of an Oxford professor has denied her husband was murdered and termed as a "tragic accident" his death at the home of his close friend, an Indian-origin mathematician Devinder Sivia.
The body of Steven Rawlings, a 50-year-old astrophysicist, was found at the home of Sivia in Oxfordshire on Wednesday.
Sivia, a 49-year-old Sikh mathematics lecturer at Oxford University, was arrested.
He was released on bail Friday as police downgraded the investigation into Rawlings` death, reported Daily Mail.
Rawlings` widow Linda said: "It wasn`t murder."
"Steve and Devinder were best friends since college and I believe this is a tragic accident."
"I do not believe that Steve`s death is murder and I do not believe Devinder should be tarnished in this way," she was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family