Not murder, says widow of Oxford professor
London: The widow of an Oxford professor has denied her husband was murdered and termed as a "tragic accident" his death at the home of his close friend, an Indian-origin mathematician Devinder Sivia.
The body of Steven Rawlings, a 50-year-old astrophysicist, was found at the home of Sivia in Oxfordshire on Wednesday.
Sivia, a 49-year-old Sikh mathematics lecturer at Oxford University, was arrested.
He was released on bail Friday as police downgraded the investigation into Rawlings` death, reported Daily Mail.
Rawlings` widow Linda said: "It wasn`t murder."
"Steve and Devinder were best friends since college and I believe this is a tragic accident."
"I do not believe that Steve`s death is murder and I do not believe Devinder should be tarnished in this way," she was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why