Not murder, says widow of Oxford professor
London: The widow of an Oxford professor has denied her husband was murdered and termed as a "tragic accident" his death at the home of his close friend, an Indian-origin mathematician Devinder Sivia.
The body of Steven Rawlings, a 50-year-old astrophysicist, was found at the home of Sivia in Oxfordshire on Wednesday.
Sivia, a 49-year-old Sikh mathematics lecturer at Oxford University, was arrested.
He was released on bail Friday as police downgraded the investigation into Rawlings` death, reported Daily Mail.
Rawlings` widow Linda said: "It wasn`t murder."
"Steve and Devinder were best friends since college and I believe this is a tragic accident."
"I do not believe that Steve`s death is murder and I do not believe Devinder should be tarnished in this way," she was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Now, Lexit: London wants to stay with EU, says petition
- UP cops fight publicly over 'share of bribe', video goes viral - Watch
- Make your smoothie a successful summer diet with these magical ingredients!
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic