Omar praises Centre, Maha govt for secrecy over Kasab hanging
New Delhi: The Centre and the Maharashtra Government were on Wednesday praised by Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah for successfully keeping under wraps the hanging of Lashker-e-Taiba terrorist Ajmal Kasab.
In his tweet, Omar did not refrain from taking a jibe at the news television channels about the claims made for breaking the news about Kasab`s hanging.
"Gotta hand it to the Governments at the centre and in Mumbai for the mature way they handled this. Shows we can still keep a secret if we need to," Omar commented on the microblogging site.
In his comment about the media, Omar said, "Now we`ll watch all the channels line up to claim that they were the ones to break the news of the hanging."
Omar also questioned the American media for describing Kasab as "gunman". "So Hamas are terrorists but Kasab was a gunman. Well done American media you really call it like it is," he said sarcastically.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!