Omar praises Centre, Maha govt for secrecy over Kasab hanging
New Delhi: The Centre and the Maharashtra Government were on Wednesday praised by Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah for successfully keeping under wraps the hanging of Lashker-e-Taiba terrorist Ajmal Kasab.
In his tweet, Omar did not refrain from taking a jibe at the news television channels about the claims made for breaking the news about Kasab`s hanging.
"Gotta hand it to the Governments at the centre and in Mumbai for the mature way they handled this. Shows we can still keep a secret if we need to," Omar commented on the microblogging site.
In his comment about the media, Omar said, "Now we`ll watch all the channels line up to claim that they were the ones to break the news of the hanging."
Omar also questioned the American media for describing Kasab as "gunman". "So Hamas are terrorists but Kasab was a gunman. Well done American media you really call it like it is," he said sarcastically.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview