Omar praises Centre, Maha govt for secrecy over Kasab hanging
New Delhi: The Centre and the Maharashtra Government were on Wednesday praised by Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah for successfully keeping under wraps the hanging of Lashker-e-Taiba terrorist Ajmal Kasab.
In his tweet, Omar did not refrain from taking a jibe at the news television channels about the claims made for breaking the news about Kasab`s hanging.
"Gotta hand it to the Governments at the centre and in Mumbai for the mature way they handled this. Shows we can still keep a secret if we need to," Omar commented on the microblogging site.
In his comment about the media, Omar said, "Now we`ll watch all the channels line up to claim that they were the ones to break the news of the hanging."
Omar also questioned the American media for describing Kasab as "gunman". "So Hamas are terrorists but Kasab was a gunman. Well done American media you really call it like it is," he said sarcastically.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- Newborn with Zika virus found infected 2 months after birth
- Govinda ala re! Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami to all—See inside
- This is how CPI-M countered BJP’s Janmashtami procession in Kerala
- Six killed, 25 injured in bus-truck collusion in China
- Rajnath Singh assures alternative to pellet guns in Kashmir; Mufti says stone-pelting, attacking security camps won't bring peace