Omar praises Centre, Maha govt for secrecy over Kasab hanging
New Delhi: The Centre and the Maharashtra Government were on Wednesday praised by Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah for successfully keeping under wraps the hanging of Lashker-e-Taiba terrorist Ajmal Kasab.
In his tweet, Omar did not refrain from taking a jibe at the news television channels about the claims made for breaking the news about Kasab`s hanging.
"Gotta hand it to the Governments at the centre and in Mumbai for the mature way they handled this. Shows we can still keep a secret if we need to," Omar commented on the microblogging site.
In his comment about the media, Omar said, "Now we`ll watch all the channels line up to claim that they were the ones to break the news of the hanging."
Omar also questioned the American media for describing Kasab as "gunman". "So Hamas are terrorists but Kasab was a gunman. Well done American media you really call it like it is," he said sarcastically.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad