Ordnance scam: European def firm denies charges
New Delhi; Over two weeks after it was
blacklisted by the government, defence major Rheinmetall Air
Defence (RAD) on Friday rejected allegations of its involvement in
any scam saying Indian authorities have not yet given them the
details of the charges against them.
Zurich-based Rheinmetall Air Defence along with Israeli
IMI, Corporation Defence of Russia and Singapore Technologies
Kinetics and two Indian firms were blacklisted by the
government on March 5 for their alleged involvement in the
multi-crore ordnance factory scam and debarred for further
business dealings for 10 years.
"RAD of Switzerland objects to the decision of Indian
Defence Ministry announcement on March 5, 2012 to exclude it
from doing business with India`s Ordnance Factory Board (OFB).
This decision was based on allegations against RAD which the
company categorically rejects as false and as entirely without
merit," the company said in a release.
"Indian authorities are yet to inform RAD of the details
of these allegations. Transparency with regard to
investigations would enable RAD to put forward conclusive
evidence that will refute all claims made against it," it
The company said it is "keen to cooperate with India`s
authorities and to assist in any investigation related to the
India had taken action against these companies after CBI
moved a charge sheet relating to illegal gratification against
former Director General of Ordnance Factories, Sudipta Ghosh
The Defence Ministry had issued a statement saying that
these firms were issued notice to showcase as to why action
against them should not be taken.
"It has been decided to debar" all these firms from
further business dealings with the Ordnance Factory Board,
Department of Defence Production and the Defence Ministry for
a period of 10 years," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow