OROP for ex-servicemen to be implemented from April 1
New Delhi: Defence Ministry on Thursday issued orders for implementing the `One Rank One Pension` decision of the government from April 1 and assured the Services that it will provide all necessary funds for it.
The Defence Ministry has issued the orders for implementing OROP for exservicemen from April 1, a Defence Ministry spokesperson said.
Defence Minister A K Antony has assured the Services that the Government was fully committed to implement the OROP policy and required funds will be made available to ensure its implementation, he said.
Chairing a meeting of the top brass of the Services and senior officials, Antony said the Finance Minister had clarified that the figure of Rs 500 crores made available to implement the scheme was only "indicative".
The meeting was convened by Antony to discuss the modalities for implementation of OROP.
Minister of State for Defence Jitendra Singh, Defence Secretary RK Mathur, Secretary Ex- Servicemen`s Welfare Sangita Gairola, Secretary Defence Finance Arunava Dutt, the three Service Vice Chiefs and AG from the Services Headquarters also attended the meeting.
"It was noted that OROP implies that uniform pension be paid to the Armed Forces personnel retiring in the same rank with the same length of service irrespective of their date of retirement and any future enhancement in the rates of pension to be automatically passed on to the past pensioners," the Ministry said.
"This implies bridging the gap between the rate of pension of the current pensioners and the past pensioners, and also future enhancements in the rate of pension to be automatically passed on to the past pensioners," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands