OROP for ex-servicemen to be implemented from April 1
New Delhi: Defence Ministry on Thursday issued orders for implementing the `One Rank One Pension` decision of the government from April 1 and assured the Services that it will provide all necessary funds for it.
The Defence Ministry has issued the orders for implementing OROP for exservicemen from April 1, a Defence Ministry spokesperson said.
Defence Minister A K Antony has assured the Services that the Government was fully committed to implement the OROP policy and required funds will be made available to ensure its implementation, he said.
Chairing a meeting of the top brass of the Services and senior officials, Antony said the Finance Minister had clarified that the figure of Rs 500 crores made available to implement the scheme was only "indicative".
The meeting was convened by Antony to discuss the modalities for implementation of OROP.
Minister of State for Defence Jitendra Singh, Defence Secretary RK Mathur, Secretary Ex- Servicemen`s Welfare Sangita Gairola, Secretary Defence Finance Arunava Dutt, the three Service Vice Chiefs and AG from the Services Headquarters also attended the meeting.
"It was noted that OROP implies that uniform pension be paid to the Armed Forces personnel retiring in the same rank with the same length of service irrespective of their date of retirement and any future enhancement in the rates of pension to be automatically passed on to the past pensioners," the Ministry said.
"This implies bridging the gap between the rate of pension of the current pensioners and the past pensioners, and also future enhancements in the rate of pension to be automatically passed on to the past pensioners," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch