Ours is not a "father-son" party: BJP to Omar Abdullah
Jammu: BJP on Tuesday hit out at Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Omar Abdullah for his remarks on developments within the party saying that unlike others, theirs was not a "father-son" or "mother-son" party.
"Omar is unable to appreciate that... BJP is a party of healthy inner-party democracy because unlike some other parties, BJP is not a `father-son` or `mother-son` party," BJP national executive member and chief spokesperson in J&K, Dr Jitendra Singh, said here in reaction to Abdullah`s tweets.
The J&K CM had yesterday said that it should not matter to BJP that its patriarch LK Advani had quit since his opinion had been ignored by the party.
"If his opinion didn`t matter to you yesterday, why is his resignation a crisis for you today?" Omar had said in a tweet on microblogging site twitter.Com.
The remarks followed Advani`s announcement that he was stepping down from key party fora.
Meanwhile, Omar today expressed surprise over Advani`s projection in certain sections as a symbol of secularism in the NDA coalition.
"LK Advani as the NDA`s mascot of secularism. Who would have imagined!!!!!!" Omar, whose National Conference was a constituent of the alliance from 1999-2003, said in another tweet.
Reacting to the fresh comments, Singh said that although the J&K CM had received his training in politics under former prime minister Atal Behari Vajpayee, he still needed to learn a lot from the legacy of Vajpayee and Advani enshrined in the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next