Over 1 lakh posts vacant in paramilitary forces
New Delhi: More than one lakh posts, including 25,000 in the BSF and 17,000 in the CRPF, are lying vacant in seven paramilitary forces in the country.
Home Ministry officials said of the 1,00,883 vacant posts
in the paramilitary forces, 74,816 posts are of constables,
22,016 posts are of Junior Commission Officers and 4,051 are
of Group A officer.
The BSF, which guards Indo-Pak and Indo-Bangladesh
borders, has vacancy in 25,674 posts, CRPF, which is engaged
in anti-Naxal, anti-militancy and general law and order
duties, has vacancy in 17,019 posts, Sashastra Seema Bal,
which guards Indo-Nepal and Indo-Bhutan borders, has vacancy
in 21,316 posts while in Central Industrial Security Force,
deployed in protection of airports and industrial units,
17,320 posts are not filled.
The Indo Tibetan Border Police Force, primarily deployed
in the icy heights along Sino-Indian border, has 17,388 vacant
posts, while Assam Rifles, deployed in the Northeast, and
National Security Guard, the special commando force, have
1,585 and 581 vacant posts respectively.
"We have been trying to fill up the vacancies as early
as possible. But recruitment, training and finally deployment
of a policeman is a time consuming exercise.
"We hope to fill up all the vacancies in the next two
years," a Home Ministry official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest