Over 400 central officers booked in last 3 yrs
New Delhi: Over 450 charge sheets have been
filed by CBI against IAS, IPS and other central service officials in the last three years, the government said Wdnesday.
"During the last three years, i.e., 2008, 2009, 2010 and
2011 (upto October), 453 charge sheets have been filed against
IAS, IPS, IFS and Class-I officers of central services," Minister of State for Personnel V Narayanasamy said in a written reply to the Lok Sabha.
The Minister also said while a total of 943 cases are at
different stages of investigation by the CBI till October this
year, the agency is also probing seventy-nine cases of
"According to information furnished by CBI, as on October
31 this year, 167 requests for sanction are pending with
various ministries/departments of government, out of which 68
requests were pending for more than three months.
"Forty-four number of requests were pending with various
state governments as on October 31 out of which 39 were
pending for more than three months," he said.
The delay is often caused due to detailed analysis of the
available evidence, consultation with the Central Vigilance
Commission (CVC), the state governments/other agencies and
sometimes non-availability of relevant documentary evidence
among others, Narayanasamy said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan