Over 400 central officers booked in last 3 yrs
New Delhi: Over 450 charge sheets have been
filed by CBI against IAS, IPS and other central service officials in the last three years, the government said Wdnesday.
"During the last three years, i.e., 2008, 2009, 2010 and
2011 (upto October), 453 charge sheets have been filed against
IAS, IPS, IFS and Class-I officers of central services," Minister of State for Personnel V Narayanasamy said in a written reply to the Lok Sabha.
The Minister also said while a total of 943 cases are at
different stages of investigation by the CBI till October this
year, the agency is also probing seventy-nine cases of
"According to information furnished by CBI, as on October
31 this year, 167 requests for sanction are pending with
various ministries/departments of government, out of which 68
requests were pending for more than three months.
"Forty-four number of requests were pending with various
state governments as on October 31 out of which 39 were
pending for more than three months," he said.
The delay is often caused due to detailed analysis of the
available evidence, consultation with the Central Vigilance
Commission (CVC), the state governments/other agencies and
sometimes non-availability of relevant documentary evidence
among others, Narayanasamy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!