Padma Vibhushan awardee and former IAS officer passes away
New Delhi: C P Srivastava, a 1949 batch UP Cadre IAS officer, who served as joint secretary to Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri died today in Italy.
Srivastava, 93, is survived by two daughters.
He was awarded the Padma Vibhushan in 2009 and Padma Bhushan in 1972.
Srivastava is the husband of Mataji Nirmala Devi, Founder of Sahaj Yoga.
Born at Unnao, he was chairman of Shipping Corporation of India and had also functioned as secretary general of International Maritime Organisation of the UN.
He has written several books including `Lal Bahadur Shastri: A Life of Truth In Politics` and `Corruption: India?s Enemy Within`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AAP to move Delhi High Court against arrests of MLAs in 'false cases'
- Varun Dhawan reacts to Salman Khan's acquittal
- Rio Olympics: Sushil Kumar backs 'younger brother' Narsingh Yadav, but hurt by being dragged in 'conspiracy' controversy
- Learn to make a pen stand out of waste material! Watch video
- Physical inactivity adding to India's NCD burden: Report