Padma Vibhushan awardee and former IAS officer passes away
New Delhi: C P Srivastava, a 1949 batch UP Cadre IAS officer, who served as joint secretary to Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri died today in Italy.
Srivastava, 93, is survived by two daughters.
He was awarded the Padma Vibhushan in 2009 and Padma Bhushan in 1972.
Srivastava is the husband of Mataji Nirmala Devi, Founder of Sahaj Yoga.
Born at Unnao, he was chairman of Shipping Corporation of India and had also functioned as secretary general of International Maritime Organisation of the UN.
He has written several books including `Lal Bahadur Shastri: A Life of Truth In Politics` and `Corruption: India?s Enemy Within`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round
- Rio Olympics 2016: Five Indian athletes who redefined 'woman power'
- Govt wants unions to reconsider their strike plan