Padma Vibhushan awardee and former IAS officer passes away
New Delhi: C P Srivastava, a 1949 batch UP Cadre IAS officer, who served as joint secretary to Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri died today in Italy.
Srivastava, 93, is survived by two daughters.
He was awarded the Padma Vibhushan in 2009 and Padma Bhushan in 1972.
Srivastava is the husband of Mataji Nirmala Devi, Founder of Sahaj Yoga.
Born at Unnao, he was chairman of Shipping Corporation of India and had also functioned as secretary general of International Maritime Organisation of the UN.
He has written several books including `Lal Bahadur Shastri: A Life of Truth In Politics` and `Corruption: India?s Enemy Within`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America