Padma Vibhushan awardee and former IAS officer passes away
New Delhi: C P Srivastava, a 1949 batch UP Cadre IAS officer, who served as joint secretary to Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri died today in Italy.
Srivastava, 93, is survived by two daughters.
He was awarded the Padma Vibhushan in 2009 and Padma Bhushan in 1972.
Srivastava is the husband of Mataji Nirmala Devi, Founder of Sahaj Yoga.
Born at Unnao, he was chairman of Shipping Corporation of India and had also functioned as secretary general of International Maritime Organisation of the UN.
He has written several books including `Lal Bahadur Shastri: A Life of Truth In Politics` and `Corruption: India?s Enemy Within`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you