Pak has violated ceasefire 8 times along LoC this year: Govt
New Delhi: Pakistan has violated ceasefire along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir eight time this year, prompting India to lodge strong protests with the neighbouring country.
Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran on Tuesday told the Lok Sabha that during the current year, eight ceasefire violations have been reported along the LoC.
"All incidents of violations are investigated and protests are lodged with Pakistan military authorities at appropriate level through the established mechanism of hotlines, flag meetings and meetings between the Directors General of Military Operations of the two countries," he said.
Ramachandran said the issue of ceasefire violations was taken up with the Pakistan side during the Foreign Secretary- level talks between India and Pakistan held in Islamabad on June 23-24, 2011 and further raised during the Fifth Round of the India-Pakistan Expert Level Dialogue on Conventional Confidence Building Measures held in Islamabad on December 26, 2011.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory