Pak has violated ceasefire 8 times along LoC this year: Govt
New Delhi: Pakistan has violated ceasefire along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir eight time this year, prompting India to lodge strong protests with the neighbouring country.
Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran on Tuesday told the Lok Sabha that during the current year, eight ceasefire violations have been reported along the LoC.
"All incidents of violations are investigated and protests are lodged with Pakistan military authorities at appropriate level through the established mechanism of hotlines, flag meetings and meetings between the Directors General of Military Operations of the two countries," he said.
Ramachandran said the issue of ceasefire violations was taken up with the Pakistan side during the Foreign Secretary- level talks between India and Pakistan held in Islamabad on June 23-24, 2011 and further raised during the Fifth Round of the India-Pakistan Expert Level Dialogue on Conventional Confidence Building Measures held in Islamabad on December 26, 2011.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Vijay Mallya says keen on paying up dues, but Rs 9000 default figure artificially inflated
- Tiananmen activist Lu Jinghua alleges 'India-China economic business deal' behind visa cancellation
- VIDEO: Prepare to laugh - 23 Hilarious Inzamam-ul-Haq run outs!
- DRT likely to rule on Vijay Mallya’s Diageo package today
- Inactivated Polio Vaccine (IPV): A new tool in the fight against polio – Watch to know more about it!