Pak has violated ceasefire 8 times along LoC this year: Govt
New Delhi: Pakistan has violated ceasefire along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir eight time this year, prompting India to lodge strong protests with the neighbouring country.
Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran on Tuesday told the Lok Sabha that during the current year, eight ceasefire violations have been reported along the LoC.
"All incidents of violations are investigated and protests are lodged with Pakistan military authorities at appropriate level through the established mechanism of hotlines, flag meetings and meetings between the Directors General of Military Operations of the two countries," he said.
Ramachandran said the issue of ceasefire violations was taken up with the Pakistan side during the Foreign Secretary- level talks between India and Pakistan held in Islamabad on June 23-24, 2011 and further raised during the Fifth Round of the India-Pakistan Expert Level Dialogue on Conventional Confidence Building Measures held in Islamabad on December 26, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP to hold meet with CMs' of party-ruled states, PM Modi to address concluding session
- JD(U) backs Mamata Banerjee, says resistance against Centre is growing
- Three low-intensity earthquakes hit Himachal Pradesh, no casualties
- SL vs AUS: How Graeme Smith and Dale Steyn ridiculed Steve Smith for heading home
- B-Town celebs send warm wishes to Shahid Kapoor and Mira Rajput on birth of their daughter!