Pak has violated ceasefire 8 times along LoC this year: Govt
New Delhi: Pakistan has violated ceasefire along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir eight time this year, prompting India to lodge strong protests with the neighbouring country.
Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran on Tuesday told the Lok Sabha that during the current year, eight ceasefire violations have been reported along the LoC.
"All incidents of violations are investigated and protests are lodged with Pakistan military authorities at appropriate level through the established mechanism of hotlines, flag meetings and meetings between the Directors General of Military Operations of the two countries," he said.
Ramachandran said the issue of ceasefire violations was taken up with the Pakistan side during the Foreign Secretary- level talks between India and Pakistan held in Islamabad on June 23-24, 2011 and further raised during the Fifth Round of the India-Pakistan Expert Level Dialogue on Conventional Confidence Building Measures held in Islamabad on December 26, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study
- Nico Hulkenberg brings one point for Force India from Hungry
- AFI asks IAAF for Olympics wild card for javelin prodigy Neeraj Chopra