Pak link to Delhi High Court blast
New Delhi: Even as the investigating agencies grope in the dark about crucial leads pertaining to Delhi High Court blast, Pakistan’s links to the incident have come to fore on Wednesday.
As per reports, a Noida-based boy, identified as Neeraj, had received a phone call from an unknown caller from Pakistan on August 17 suggesting that a blast was imminent in Delhi in the near future.
The caller didn’t divulge more details about his location but stressed that vital installations in Delhi would be blown at a chosen time.
The boy, who lives in Bhangel area of Noida, immediately passed this information to the Noida Police Control, which later passed it to its superior officers and Delhi Police.
The boy himself tried to verify the veracity of the phone call (number – 923453367472), which was later traced to a military camp located in Islamabad.
This was confirmed by Anant Dev, SP City Noida, who said, “A boy identified as Neeraj received a phone call from an unknown location about a possible bomb blast in Delhi. The boy claimed that the call was made from Pakistan. We had passed this information to concerned officers for further verification.”
Unfortunately, no deliberate attempts were made on the part of the investigating agencies to verify the authenticity of the phone call and the matter was pushed to the back burner.
However, with the Pakistan-based terrorist outfit Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami (HuJI) claiming responsibility for today’s blast, the needle of suspicion has once again turned to the neighbouring country.
Lending credence to the involvement of Pakistan-based elements, HuJI today sent an email claiming responsibility for the blast outside Delhi High Court this morning.
“We own the responsibility for today`s blasts at Delhi High Court. Our demand is that Mohammed Afzal Guru`s death sentence should be repealed immediately else we would target major High Courts and the Supreme Court of India," the email sent by HuJI said.
A 20-member team led by the National Investigations Agency (NIA) is examining the email sent by HuJI.
Reacting to HuJI’s e-mail, NIA chief SK Sinha said the mail sent is being looked at since HuJI was involved in the Mumbai blasts too.
HuJI`s hand is suspected in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack at Chabad House in Colaba.
At least eleven people were killed and over sixty others injured when a high-intensity blast went off outside the Gate number 5 of the Delhi High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly