Pak Marines seize nine boats, apprehend 55 Indian fishermen
Ahmedabad: The Pakistan Marine Security Agency (PMSA) has seized nine Indian fishing boats and apprehended 55 fishermen off Jakhau coast near the international border, a fishermen`s body claimed on Sunday.
"The PMSA intercepted nine fishing boats yesterday in the international waters off Jakhau coast near Jamnagar."
"Fifty-five fishermen apprehended by the agency were sent to Karachi," National Fish Workers` Forum general secretary Manish Lodhari told a news agency.
The boats were from Porbandar and the fishermen hailed from Gujarat, he said.
This is the second such incident within a week when Indian fishermen were taken away by PMSA.
Seventeen Indian fishermen were apprehended and as many fishing trawlers were seized by the Pak agency last Wednesday.
Incidentally, the Indian Coast Guard had, on March 09, arrested 21 Pakistani fishermen off Jakhau coast for illegally intruding into Indian waters and seized their three fishing trawlers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder