Pak Marines seize nine boats, apprehend 55 Indian fishermen
Ahmedabad: The Pakistan Marine Security Agency (PMSA) has seized nine Indian fishing boats and apprehended 55 fishermen off Jakhau coast near the international border, a fishermen`s body claimed on Sunday.
"The PMSA intercepted nine fishing boats yesterday in the international waters off Jakhau coast near Jamnagar."
"Fifty-five fishermen apprehended by the agency were sent to Karachi," National Fish Workers` Forum general secretary Manish Lodhari told a news agency.
The boats were from Porbandar and the fishermen hailed from Gujarat, he said.
This is the second such incident within a week when Indian fishermen were taken away by PMSA.
Seventeen Indian fishermen were apprehended and as many fishing trawlers were seized by the Pak agency last Wednesday.
Incidentally, the Indian Coast Guard had, on March 09, arrested 21 Pakistani fishermen off Jakhau coast for illegally intruding into Indian waters and seized their three fishing trawlers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says