Pak nationals using Indian voter ID, ration cards; probe ordered
Ballia: Taking strong note of reports of some Pakistanis here availing facilities at par with Indian nationals and getting voter I-cards made in their names, the district administration has ordered a thorough probe.
"There is report of eight Pakistani nationals who are living in Ballia on long-term visa and their visas have to be renewed every year. The district administration has got a complaint that these Pakistanis have got ration cards made and voter I-cards in their names and are availing facilities at par with Indian national", said District Magistrate (DM) Sunil Kumar Srivastava.
The SDMs concerned have been asked to conduct an inquiry and submit a detailed report, the DM said, adding if found true their ration cards and I-cards would be cancelled.
According to local intelligence unit, two Pakistani sisters are living since the past four decades in Bihra Harpur village. There are also reports of some Pakistanis residing in Sikandarpur and Rasra areas, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read