Pak nationals using Indian voter ID, ration cards; probe ordered
Ballia: Taking strong note of reports of some Pakistanis here availing facilities at par with Indian nationals and getting voter I-cards made in their names, the district administration has ordered a thorough probe.
"There is report of eight Pakistani nationals who are living in Ballia on long-term visa and their visas have to be renewed every year. The district administration has got a complaint that these Pakistanis have got ration cards made and voter I-cards in their names and are availing facilities at par with Indian national", said District Magistrate (DM) Sunil Kumar Srivastava.
The SDMs concerned have been asked to conduct an inquiry and submit a detailed report, the DM said, adding if found true their ration cards and I-cards would be cancelled.
According to local intelligence unit, two Pakistani sisters are living since the past four decades in Bihra Harpur village. There are also reports of some Pakistanis residing in Sikandarpur and Rasra areas, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row