Pak troops fire rockets at Indian posts along LoC
Jammu: In yet another ceasefire violation,
Pakistani troops resorted to firing and rocket attacks on
Indian posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch
district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Pakistani troops fired two Rocket Projectile Grenades
(RPGs) on two Indian Forward Posts NPP1 and NPP2 along the LoC
in Krishnagati sub-sector of Poonch district from 21:45 hours
last night, an Army official said on Tuesday.
The rockets exploded in isolated areas and firing
continued till 23:45 hours, he said adding troops guarding the
borderline retaliated and fired back.
There was no casualty or injury to anyone in the firing
and rocket attacks, he said.
This is the second ceasefire violation in the past two
days. Pakistani troops fired at Indian posts in Karnah sector
of Kupwara district in Kashmir on December 4 night.
On November 27, this year, Pakistani troops opened firing
from their side along the LoC on three Indian Posts
-- Kranti-I, Kranti-II and Ghorda in Krishnagati sub-sector of
Poonch without any casualty.
Earlier, on October 23, Pakistani troops had violated
the ceasefire in Poonch district.
Forty-five ceasefire violations were reported this year
along the India-Pakistan border in Jammu and Kashmir. In
2009-11, 117 ceasefire violations were reported along the
Line of Control, of which 28 were in 2009, 44 in 2010 and 45
between January and November this year, Minister of State for
Home Mullappally Ramachandran had said.
Nine security personnel were killed and around 52 injured
in various firing incidents reported in 2008-11 along the
Besides, two civilian porters were killed in cross Line
of control firing, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report