Pak troops fire rockets at Indian posts along LoC
Jammu: In yet another ceasefire violation,
Pakistani troops resorted to firing and rocket attacks on
Indian posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch
district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Pakistani troops fired two Rocket Projectile Grenades
(RPGs) on two Indian Forward Posts NPP1 and NPP2 along the LoC
in Krishnagati sub-sector of Poonch district from 21:45 hours
last night, an Army official said on Tuesday.
The rockets exploded in isolated areas and firing
continued till 23:45 hours, he said adding troops guarding the
borderline retaliated and fired back.
There was no casualty or injury to anyone in the firing
and rocket attacks, he said.
This is the second ceasefire violation in the past two
days. Pakistani troops fired at Indian posts in Karnah sector
of Kupwara district in Kashmir on December 4 night.
On November 27, this year, Pakistani troops opened firing
from their side along the LoC on three Indian Posts
-- Kranti-I, Kranti-II and Ghorda in Krishnagati sub-sector of
Poonch without any casualty.
Earlier, on October 23, Pakistani troops had violated
the ceasefire in Poonch district.
Forty-five ceasefire violations were reported this year
along the India-Pakistan border in Jammu and Kashmir. In
2009-11, 117 ceasefire violations were reported along the
Line of Control, of which 28 were in 2009, 44 in 2010 and 45
between January and November this year, Minister of State for
Home Mullappally Ramachandran had said.
Nine security personnel were killed and around 52 injured
in various firing incidents reported in 2008-11 along the
Besides, two civilian porters were killed in cross Line
of control firing, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum