Pak violates truce again, fires on Indian position
Poonch: In yet another ceasefire violation, Pakistani troops on Saturday fired at Indian posts along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district but there was no loss of life or damage to property.
Pak troops resorted to small arms firing on Kobra post in Sabzian belt in Poonch district at around 1100 hours, an army official said.
Indian troops exercised restraint and did not fire back, he said adding the firing from across the border continued for a brief period.
There was no loss of life or damage to property on the Indian side, the spokesman said.
The Pakistani troops targeted the Indian post from their Kobra-I post.
"This is a ceasefire violation by Pakistan. We are in the process of lodging a strong protest with Pak authorities," the spokesman said.
This is the ninth ceasefire violation by Pakistan this year.
On May four night, Pak troops had targeted Indian forward posts in Nangitikri belt along the LoC in Rajouri district. They had fired around 300 rounds of small arms.
A total of 104 ceasefire violations along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir have taken place since 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack