Pak violates truce again, fires on Indian position
Poonch: In yet another ceasefire violation, Pakistani troops on Saturday fired at Indian posts along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district but there was no loss of life or damage to property.
Pak troops resorted to small arms firing on Kobra post in Sabzian belt in Poonch district at around 1100 hours, an army official said.
Indian troops exercised restraint and did not fire back, he said adding the firing from across the border continued for a brief period.
There was no loss of life or damage to property on the Indian side, the spokesman said.
The Pakistani troops targeted the Indian post from their Kobra-I post.
"This is a ceasefire violation by Pakistan. We are in the process of lodging a strong protest with Pak authorities," the spokesman said.
This is the ninth ceasefire violation by Pakistan this year.
On May four night, Pak troops had targeted Indian forward posts in Nangitikri belt along the LoC in Rajouri district. They had fired around 300 rounds of small arms.
A total of 104 ceasefire violations along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir have taken place since 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report