Pak violates truce again, fires on Indian position
Poonch: In yet another ceasefire violation, Pakistani troops on Saturday fired at Indian posts along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district but there was no loss of life or damage to property.
Pak troops resorted to small arms firing on Kobra post in Sabzian belt in Poonch district at around 1100 hours, an army official said.
Indian troops exercised restraint and did not fire back, he said adding the firing from across the border continued for a brief period.
There was no loss of life or damage to property on the Indian side, the spokesman said.
The Pakistani troops targeted the Indian post from their Kobra-I post.
"This is a ceasefire violation by Pakistan. We are in the process of lodging a strong protest with Pak authorities," the spokesman said.
This is the ninth ceasefire violation by Pakistan this year.
On May four night, Pak troops had targeted Indian forward posts in Nangitikri belt along the LoC in Rajouri district. They had fired around 300 rounds of small arms.
A total of 104 ceasefire violations along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir have taken place since 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video