Pakistan Parliamentary delegation visits Indian Parliament
New Delhi: A Parliamentary delegation from Pakistan on Thursday visited the Indian Parliament and was warmly welcomed by members in both Houses.
The delegation, led by Chairman of Pakistan Senate Syed Nayyer Hussain Bokhari, first went to Lok Sabha and watched the proceedings from the Special Box.
"I have great pleasure in welcoming His Excellency Syed Nayyer Hussain Bokhari, Chairman of the Senate of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and members of Parliamentary Delegation from Pakistan, who are on a visit to India as our honoured guests," Speaker Meira Kumar said.
"Through them (the delegation), we convey our greetings and best wishes to His Excellency the President, Prime Minister and the friendly people of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan," Kumar said.
The delegation later saw the proceedings of the Upper House from the Special Box.
Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari also welcomed them and wished them a pleasant stay in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city