Pakistan Parliamentary delegation visits Indian Parliament
New Delhi: A Parliamentary delegation from Pakistan on Thursday visited the Indian Parliament and was warmly welcomed by members in both Houses.
The delegation, led by Chairman of Pakistan Senate Syed Nayyer Hussain Bokhari, first went to Lok Sabha and watched the proceedings from the Special Box.
"I have great pleasure in welcoming His Excellency Syed Nayyer Hussain Bokhari, Chairman of the Senate of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and members of Parliamentary Delegation from Pakistan, who are on a visit to India as our honoured guests," Speaker Meira Kumar said.
"Through them (the delegation), we convey our greetings and best wishes to His Excellency the President, Prime Minister and the friendly people of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan," Kumar said.
The delegation later saw the proceedings of the Upper House from the Special Box.
Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari also welcomed them and wished them a pleasant stay in the country.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory