Pakistan Parliamentary delegation visits Indian Parliament
New Delhi: A Parliamentary delegation from Pakistan on Thursday visited the Indian Parliament and was warmly welcomed by members in both Houses.
The delegation, led by Chairman of Pakistan Senate Syed Nayyer Hussain Bokhari, first went to Lok Sabha and watched the proceedings from the Special Box.
"I have great pleasure in welcoming His Excellency Syed Nayyer Hussain Bokhari, Chairman of the Senate of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and members of Parliamentary Delegation from Pakistan, who are on a visit to India as our honoured guests," Speaker Meira Kumar said.
"Through them (the delegation), we convey our greetings and best wishes to His Excellency the President, Prime Minister and the friendly people of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan," Kumar said.
The delegation later saw the proceedings of the Upper House from the Special Box.
Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari also welcomed them and wished them a pleasant stay in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister