Pakistan Parliamentary delegation visits Indian Parliament
New Delhi: A Parliamentary delegation from Pakistan on Thursday visited the Indian Parliament and was warmly welcomed by members in both Houses.
The delegation, led by Chairman of Pakistan Senate Syed Nayyer Hussain Bokhari, first went to Lok Sabha and watched the proceedings from the Special Box.
"I have great pleasure in welcoming His Excellency Syed Nayyer Hussain Bokhari, Chairman of the Senate of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and members of Parliamentary Delegation from Pakistan, who are on a visit to India as our honoured guests," Speaker Meira Kumar said.
"Through them (the delegation), we convey our greetings and best wishes to His Excellency the President, Prime Minister and the friendly people of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan," Kumar said.
The delegation later saw the proceedings of the Upper House from the Special Box.
Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari also welcomed them and wished them a pleasant stay in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested