Pakistan Parliamentary delegation visits Indian Parliament
New Delhi: A Parliamentary delegation from Pakistan on Thursday visited the Indian Parliament and was warmly welcomed by members in both Houses.
The delegation, led by Chairman of Pakistan Senate Syed Nayyer Hussain Bokhari, first went to Lok Sabha and watched the proceedings from the Special Box.
"I have great pleasure in welcoming His Excellency Syed Nayyer Hussain Bokhari, Chairman of the Senate of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and members of Parliamentary Delegation from Pakistan, who are on a visit to India as our honoured guests," Speaker Meira Kumar said.
"Through them (the delegation), we convey our greetings and best wishes to His Excellency the President, Prime Minister and the friendly people of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan," Kumar said.
The delegation later saw the proceedings of the Upper House from the Special Box.
Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari also welcomed them and wished them a pleasant stay in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster