Paswan wants reservation for minorities in Lokpal
New Delhi: LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan on Tuesday
demanded reservation for backward classes, minorities and women in the proposed Lokpal.
He said the party wants 50 per cent reservation for
people belonging to these section in the Lokpal so as to
ensure that all sections of the society are adequately
represented in the anti-graft body.
"We want reservation in Lokpal. People belonging to
minority and under-privileged sections should have an
opportunity to be in anti-corruption body," he told a public
He also said that the Lokpal with all power could become
a "parallel government" and that such a situation should not
Paswan also demanded implementation of recommendations of
Ranganath Mishra Commission report which has suggested
corrective measures for uplift of the status of minorities.
Its recommendations should be implemented within a fixed
time schedule, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part IV
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Stop trafficking with a click! New TraffickCam app targets sex workers
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia