Paswan wants reservation for minorities in Lokpal
New Delhi: LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan on Tuesday
demanded reservation for backward classes, minorities and women in the proposed Lokpal.
He said the party wants 50 per cent reservation for
people belonging to these section in the Lokpal so as to
ensure that all sections of the society are adequately
represented in the anti-graft body.
"We want reservation in Lokpal. People belonging to
minority and under-privileged sections should have an
opportunity to be in anti-corruption body," he told a public
He also said that the Lokpal with all power could become
a "parallel government" and that such a situation should not
Paswan also demanded implementation of recommendations of
Ranganath Mishra Commission report which has suggested
corrective measures for uplift of the status of minorities.
Its recommendations should be implemented within a fixed
time schedule, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port