Paswan wants reservation for minorities in Lokpal
New Delhi: LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan on Tuesday
demanded reservation for backward classes, minorities and women in the proposed Lokpal.
He said the party wants 50 per cent reservation for
people belonging to these section in the Lokpal so as to
ensure that all sections of the society are adequately
represented in the anti-graft body.
"We want reservation in Lokpal. People belonging to
minority and under-privileged sections should have an
opportunity to be in anti-corruption body," he told a public
He also said that the Lokpal with all power could become
a "parallel government" and that such a situation should not
Paswan also demanded implementation of recommendations of
Ranganath Mishra Commission report which has suggested
corrective measures for uplift of the status of minorities.
Its recommendations should be implemented within a fixed
time schedule, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof