PC inaugurates composite structure for NSG commandos
New Delhi: A special accommodation structure for the counter-hijack commando unit of the NSG was on Wednesday inaugurated by Union Home Minister P Chidambaram near the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport here.
The structure at the NSG camp, at Samalkha near the IGI airport, will house 540 commandos of the Special Action Group (SAG) tasked to undertake counter-hijack operations at the airport.
The four-story structure will be created at the cost of Rs 47 crore and will have residential, operational and training infrastructure facilities for the `black cat` commandos of the National Security Guard (NSG).
During the event, NSG chief RK Medhekar briefed Chidambaram and Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit about the facilities at the camp.
The structure is expected to be complete within 18 months.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India