PC inaugurates composite structure for NSG commandos
New Delhi: A special accommodation structure for the counter-hijack commando unit of the NSG was on Wednesday inaugurated by Union Home Minister P Chidambaram near the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport here.
The structure at the NSG camp, at Samalkha near the IGI airport, will house 540 commandos of the Special Action Group (SAG) tasked to undertake counter-hijack operations at the airport.
The four-story structure will be created at the cost of Rs 47 crore and will have residential, operational and training infrastructure facilities for the `black cat` commandos of the National Security Guard (NSG).
During the event, NSG chief RK Medhekar briefed Chidambaram and Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit about the facilities at the camp.
The structure is expected to be complete within 18 months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends