PC inaugurates composite structure for NSG commandos
New Delhi: A special accommodation structure for the counter-hijack commando unit of the NSG was on Wednesday inaugurated by Union Home Minister P Chidambaram near the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport here.
The structure at the NSG camp, at Samalkha near the IGI airport, will house 540 commandos of the Special Action Group (SAG) tasked to undertake counter-hijack operations at the airport.
The four-story structure will be created at the cost of Rs 47 crore and will have residential, operational and training infrastructure facilities for the `black cat` commandos of the National Security Guard (NSG).
During the event, NSG chief RK Medhekar briefed Chidambaram and Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit about the facilities at the camp.
The structure is expected to be complete within 18 months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah