People misunderstand my statements: Shinde
New Delhi: Facing flak for several goof ups, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Friday expressed disappointment over people misunderstanding him over his comments and said a "wrong impression" is being created.
Referring to a recent incident, where the minister had expressed his desire to bring in a new and attractive uniform for Home Guard personnel, Shinde said, it was misunderstood that he was intending to change the official dress of all central paramilitary forces.
"Sometime I make statement and some people at the higher level...Those who are retired...Misunderstand me. When I had talked about the (change of) uniform of home guards they took it for (change in) uniform of the entire paramilitary forces. Some people misunderstand me and give wrong impression...," he said at a BSF event.
Shinde had recently received flak for prefixing `Shri` before the name of LeT founder Hafiz Saeed and disclosing names of victims of Bhandara rape incident in Parliament even though the fault was apparently on the part of officials who prepared the statement which he made.
"No, I will never speak (like that)," he said referring to the recent incident after which a few retired IPS officers apparently voiced concerns that uniforms of paramilitary forces should not be changed as they were designed after a lot of thinking. "I only meant that Home Guards should look smart," he said.
"I have great loyalty to police force because I started my career from police...Smart young people should think (that) yes one day I will join the police and why not Home Guard. I appeal to youngsters to join Home Guard and civil defence," said Shinde, who was himself a Sub-Inspector in Maharashtra police for sometime.
During the BSF investiture ceremony, attended by a number of serving and retired police officials of various forces, the Home Minister said politicians have "a lot of sources" more than what intelligence agencies possess.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state