PK Bansal evasive on whether he has offered to quit
New Delhi: Railway Minister PK Bansal was on Saturday evasive to a question whether he has offered to quit in the wake of the arrest of his nephew on a charge of accepting bribe for allegedly fixing appointments in the Railway Board.
"I have given my statement in the morning," was his repeated answers to the question when he was leaving for the Prime Minister`s residence in the evening when a meeting of the Congress Core Group was to take place.
Last night, his nephew Vijay Singla was arrested by CBI Chandigarh on a charge of accepting Rs 90 lakh as bribe for fixing top level appointments in Railway Board. Mahesh Kumar, who was appointed Member (Personnel) of the Board a couple of days ago was also arrested in Mumbai last night for allegedly paying the bribe to the minister`s nephew.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference