PK Bansal evasive on whether he has offered to quit
New Delhi: Railway Minister PK Bansal was on Saturday evasive to a question whether he has offered to quit in the wake of the arrest of his nephew on a charge of accepting bribe for allegedly fixing appointments in the Railway Board.
"I have given my statement in the morning," was his repeated answers to the question when he was leaving for the Prime Minister`s residence in the evening when a meeting of the Congress Core Group was to take place.
Last night, his nephew Vijay Singla was arrested by CBI Chandigarh on a charge of accepting Rs 90 lakh as bribe for fixing top level appointments in Railway Board. Mahesh Kumar, who was appointed Member (Personnel) of the Board a couple of days ago was also arrested in Mumbai last night for allegedly paying the bribe to the minister`s nephew.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets