`PM hapless, UPA regime most corrupt, inefficient`
Mumbai: Dubbing Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as the most hapless Prime Minister India has ever seen, senior BJP leader LK Advani on Friday slammed the UPA government as the most ineffective, corrupt and indifferent dispensation since Independence.
"Among all the prime ministers, even those who had support of just 10 MPs, the post had not been devalued as much as it has been today", BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad quoted Advani as saying in his concluding remarks at the party’s national executive meeting here.
"No prime minister has ever been so hapless, so indecisive. In the political history of India, no prime minister has been so indecisive", Advani alleged.
Advani also charged the UPA government of maligning parliamentary democracy.
On the issue of black money, Advani described the white paper brought out by the government as `black paper`. There should have been at least some facts in the paper, he said.
The government has given figures from 2006 to 2010 in the white paper but hasn’t mentioned everything, he said.
In the white paper we expected the steps that the government has taken since the UN resolution to curb black money, Advani said. "What effective steps did the government take to bring in the black money", he asked.
"Today, the country is fed up with the UPA regime and it is looking towards us", Advani claimed.
The BJP leader said that whenever he hears the comments that the aspirations of people are not being fulfilled by the BJP, "it is warning for us".
"When the people are so much in pain and are looking towards us with so much expectations, we should fulfil those expectations", he said.
People are fed up, dissatisfied and almost dejected with the UPA government.
Advani appealed that every BJP worker fulfil people’s aspirations, make maximum efforts and go among the people and tell them that the BJP is the answer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video