`PM hapless, UPA regime most corrupt, inefficient`
Mumbai: Dubbing Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as the most hapless Prime Minister India has ever seen, senior BJP leader LK Advani on Friday slammed the UPA government as the most ineffective, corrupt and indifferent dispensation since Independence.
"Among all the prime ministers, even those who had support of just 10 MPs, the post had not been devalued as much as it has been today", BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad quoted Advani as saying in his concluding remarks at the party’s national executive meeting here.
"No prime minister has ever been so hapless, so indecisive. In the political history of India, no prime minister has been so indecisive", Advani alleged.
Advani also charged the UPA government of maligning parliamentary democracy.
On the issue of black money, Advani described the white paper brought out by the government as `black paper`. There should have been at least some facts in the paper, he said.
The government has given figures from 2006 to 2010 in the white paper but hasn’t mentioned everything, he said.
In the white paper we expected the steps that the government has taken since the UN resolution to curb black money, Advani said. "What effective steps did the government take to bring in the black money", he asked.
"Today, the country is fed up with the UPA regime and it is looking towards us", Advani claimed.
The BJP leader said that whenever he hears the comments that the aspirations of people are not being fulfilled by the BJP, "it is warning for us".
"When the people are so much in pain and are looking towards us with so much expectations, we should fulfil those expectations", he said.
People are fed up, dissatisfied and almost dejected with the UPA government.
Advani appealed that every BJP worker fulfil people’s aspirations, make maximum efforts and go among the people and tell them that the BJP is the answer.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended