PM tells Zardari to pray for peace, tweets Sushma
New Delhi: As the select guests were savouring the sumptuous lunch, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh urged visiting Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari to pray for peace between the two countries at the holy shrine of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti in Ajmer, and the latter agreed to do so.
Tweeting after attending the lunch hosted by the Prime Minister at his 7, Race Course Road for Zardari, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushma Swaraj said: "Attended lunch hosted by the Prime Minister for President Zardari and his team."
"Pakistan`s Interior Minister Mr Rehman Malik and Mr Bilawal Bhutto were also present," she tweeted.
"Towards the end of lunch, Prime Minister told President Zardari that since he was going to Ajmer sharief, he should pray before Khwaja sahib for peace in both our countries.”
"President Zardari promised to do that," she added.
BJP leader LK Advani was also present at the lunch, as was Home Minister P Chidambaram. Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi was seated next to Bilawal at the table.
Zardari held one-on-one talks with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday before heading for Ajmer to offer prayers. He is accompanied by a 40-member delegation and is to head back for Pakistan Sunday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days