PM tells Zardari to pray for peace, tweets Sushma
New Delhi: As the select guests were savouring the sumptuous lunch, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh urged visiting Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari to pray for peace between the two countries at the holy shrine of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti in Ajmer, and the latter agreed to do so.
Tweeting after attending the lunch hosted by the Prime Minister at his 7, Race Course Road for Zardari, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushma Swaraj said: "Attended lunch hosted by the Prime Minister for President Zardari and his team."
"Pakistan`s Interior Minister Mr Rehman Malik and Mr Bilawal Bhutto were also present," she tweeted.
"Towards the end of lunch, Prime Minister told President Zardari that since he was going to Ajmer sharief, he should pray before Khwaja sahib for peace in both our countries.”
"President Zardari promised to do that," she added.
BJP leader LK Advani was also present at the lunch, as was Home Minister P Chidambaram. Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi was seated next to Bilawal at the table.
Zardari held one-on-one talks with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday before heading for Ajmer to offer prayers. He is accompanied by a 40-member delegation and is to head back for Pakistan Sunday evening.
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day