PM tells Zardari to pray for peace, tweets Sushma
New Delhi: As the select guests were savouring the sumptuous lunch, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh urged visiting Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari to pray for peace between the two countries at the holy shrine of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti in Ajmer, and the latter agreed to do so.
Tweeting after attending the lunch hosted by the Prime Minister at his 7, Race Course Road for Zardari, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushma Swaraj said: "Attended lunch hosted by the Prime Minister for President Zardari and his team."
"Pakistan`s Interior Minister Mr Rehman Malik and Mr Bilawal Bhutto were also present," she tweeted.
"Towards the end of lunch, Prime Minister told President Zardari that since he was going to Ajmer sharief, he should pray before Khwaja sahib for peace in both our countries.”
"President Zardari promised to do that," she added.
BJP leader LK Advani was also present at the lunch, as was Home Minister P Chidambaram. Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi was seated next to Bilawal at the table.
Zardari held one-on-one talks with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday before heading for Ajmer to offer prayers. He is accompanied by a 40-member delegation and is to head back for Pakistan Sunday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation